A leading consumer internet/eCommerce company is looking for a Communications Specialist to support the Information Security department, specifically supporting multiple digital communication channels. This position requires initiative, creativity, attention to detail, willingness and ability to learn quickly, ability to manage internal relationships and superb communication skills. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organized individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include balancing internal communication duties such as:
- Creating communications that effectively describe and promote the organization, its products, and processes – including announcements, infographics, articles, blogs, or other content to be used across multiple channels
- Coordinate internal content for multiple channels, including newsletter, intranet, Workplace, etc. and manage publication calendar.
- Write short internal articles for company intranet site, awareness campaigns, weekly internal newsletter and other channels as required
- Proofread and edit internal messages and other communications
- Assist in the development of communication plans with an eye toward digital and innovative approaches
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive material
- Additional communications and administrative/logistics work as required
• BA degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Keen eye for detail, spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills along with creative sensibility
• Solid understanding of graphic design and typography, and solid understanding of following corporate brand guidelines.
• Ability to write brief, persuasive, on-task text that keeps users engaged and reduces errors and confusion.
• Familiarity with accessibility standards and how to write for screen readers.
• Ability to manage tasks independently and work in a team environment.
• Writing and editing experience in AP Style. Must be able to provide writing samples.
• Proficient in Adobe Experience Manager, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Comfortable with HTML/CSS.
• Excellent calendar management and project management skills, including the coordination of complex meetings and scheduling across numerous internal and external contacts/locations.
• Thorough proof reading and editing skills.
• Experience working closely with engineering and product management teams
• Experience in project and process management of a documentation set.
• Experience in content management systems and/or help tools.
• Track record of problem solving and innovation.
• Sense of humor and positive outlook