Our tech client is looking for a Communications Strategist for their rapidly evolving Field Engagement and Communications team at their retail sector. You will join us at a time when we are designing the future of how we communicate and connect with our Retail Store, Contact Center, and Retail Support employees globally. The Field Engagement and Communications group is leading the way for how we motivate and message to our 70,000+ hardworking store team members across 500+ stores. From daily content to dynamic events, our group helps equip our Field teams with not just the information to do their job, but the inspiration to deliver extraordinary service and experiences for our customers. Communications Strategists work at the intersection of many disciplines at our company, and are a key player in shaping the narrative and actions to mobilize our field teams in a way only we can do.
You are a forward-thinking story-teller, able to weave business goals and audience into clear and action-oriented narrative and language. You are a natural builder of relationships, hearing what business partners need and able to translate that into creative and strategic deliverables. You are able to work and an empathetic voice for the field. Creative teams trust your input and guidance. Business partners have faith in your strategic chops. You connect the dots. You push the boundaries. You ground the work in what’s needed now, but also have an eye to what could be. And most of all, you are deeply in tune with our audience of amazing and hardworking store and contact center employees around the world.
• 7-10+ years developing and presenting communication plans and strategies within a media, publishing, PR or advertising agency environment.
• Demonstrated expertise for how audiences consume and experience content and media.
• Ability to ‘look around corners’ and think about the long term needs, goals and strategies.
• Requires strong writing skills that can motivate clear messages and behavior change. Whether writing an article to inform teams on a key development or writing a script that twill inspire new behaviors in our teams. Writing is more than Email, but truly crafting the message that motivates and mobilize our people.
• Extraordinary ability to grow internal relationships, work effectively within cross-functional teams and lead through ambiguity.
• Strong learning agility; able to listen, learn and apply insights in changing conditions.
• Proven ability to understand business challenges and formulate effective communications strategies that support the audience needs and business goals.
• Equally strong ability to translate strategies into inspiring and clear spring boards and direction for creative work.
• Strong executional chops, able to go from strategy to ensuring execution is on target and on brief.
• Experience working with international peers to define global communication strategies and support needs of our geos.
• Passion for Retail and how to engage people in a human way at the scale of our company.
-Design integrated communication and engagement plans by assessing employee and business needs, defining goals, asking the right questions, framing the problems to solve well and engage partners and creative teams towards a final vision.
-Possess a strong editorial point of view and narrative ability.
-Write clear and concise creative briefs that can lead to action.
-Partner with the creative and producer teams throughout development and execution.
-Shape strategies with a customer and creative perspective, not business strategies in decks, but stories that inspire people.
-Learn, think through and shape how we use all touchpoint with our field teams towards the desired outcome.
-Be the communication expert in negotiating with partners and business leaders.
-Resolve challenges that arise during execution and address roadblocks.
-Lead the way and drive for results through dynamic change where roles and the work are actively evolving or ambiguous.
-Be able to explain the value of digital media, editorial programming, and communication techniques to non-creative audiences, both in person and in writing.
-Be able to define what success looks like by developing important metrics and being able to describe outcomes in clear and sensible ways people can understand and come back to.
Education & Experience:
-BA/BS in Marketing, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Editorial Writing or related field preferred.