Length of Contract: 6 Months with potential to extend
Location or Remote: Remote
Client Overview: Our client is a media company that generates revenue by selling advertising on its web site, and lends its real estate search engine to the web sites of more than 180 United States newspapers.
Content Strategist Overview: As the Content Strategist, you will be responsible for leading the creation of business and consumer product experience. You will also be responsible for assisting with research, digital experience strategy, campaign execution, optimization, and content development.
- Produces or procures content for various online outlets such as blogs, websites, and social media as needed to support client deliverables.
- Creates topical recommendations, article outlines, and/or optimized content to capitalize on content opportunities identified by performing keyword research, competitor analysis, content mapping, and other types of content analysis.
- Analyze content for consistency, accuracy, adherence to style and brand standards, and user experience implications.
- Revises, edits, and proofreads high-quality, creative content as needed.
- Stays current on digital marketing best practices and techniques for creating effective and engaging web content.
- 5+ Required years of professional work experience in a related role.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations or related field.
- Excellent grammar, writing, copy-editing and communication skills, including the ability to adapt writing style to appeal to different audiences and adhere to established brand voices.
- Previous experience in writing for the web.
- Versatile research skills and enthusiasm for learning about new topics.
- Familiarity with SEO and analytics reporting tools, to aid in content strategy and creation.
- Basic HTML coding ability and understanding of WordPress and other content management system (CMS) platforms.