Our client, a longstanding leader in the Market Research space, is looking for a confident and hard-working Content Strategist to join their team on a FT basis. We prefer candidate to be local to Chicago, but are open to remote.
Content Strategist to play a crucial role in defining and driving the content strategy for our marketing campaigns and digital experiences. You will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing compelling customer-centric content across the brand's marketing initiatives as well as for acquisition, activation, upsell, and demand-generation programs.
What’s most exciting about this role is the breadth of brand storytelling you’ll get to do, including thought-leadership, industry research, customer success stories, and product marketing. Support will be provided with a team of market researchers, digital marketers, and a PR Manager.
We’re looking for someone who combines creativity and strategic thinking, who knows how to connect content and user journeys directly to business growth objectives. The ideal candidate will help us harness storytellers and creators from within and outside our organization. You will develop and manage a content calendar, including article posts, videos, whitepapers, and other marketing initiatives, to ensure we deliver the right content at the right time and that answers customers’ needs. You’ll work within a cross-functional, high-velocity content engine and with teams across the organization to support our marketing and growth goals.
The Content Strategist Will:
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to audit, assess, and create content that aligns to business objectives and customer needs
- Generate ideas and edit content for brand, developing and overseeing audience-centric thought-leadership, product marketing, and service-driven content and their derivatives, such as social media and promotional assets
- Manage creative asset needs and requests with internal and external production teams
- Direct production teams and agencies in creating a high volume of relevant, timely, engaging content that builds brand affinity and thought leadership, and drives conversion and action within key target segments
- Define the content types and topics that maximize audience engagement and exceed revenue contribution targets
- Partner with integrated marketing campaign and channel managers to identify and resource content needs across all digital experiences and programs
- Craft compelling narratives and strong pitch ideas around new research, new product/service offerings and emerging trends that resonate with the media and Harris Poll stakeholders, customers and prospects
- Responsible for writing and editing blog posts, op-eds, press releases and other marketing communication materials
The Content Strategist Must Have/Be:
- Experience in the SaaS industry; and preferably Martech background as well!
- Experience working with data to create content
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to independently produce clear, concise and error-free final copy
- Some experience with data-driven marketing communications; ability to inform survey design and interpret survey findings to create engaging, media-ready content and storylines
- Strong grasp of modern grammar rules and AP style and ability to adapt content to various channels; ability to master the brand voice and style
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on deadline while maintaining attention to detail and adherence to voice; ability to multitask and prioritize based on evolving team and company needs
- Strong research skills and a desire to learn about new industries, trends and channels
- A solid understanding of how various content assets fit into the larger marketing and sales strategy and ability to adjust voice and style to different assets, including white papers, case studies, blog posts and email newsletters
- Ability to collaborate and ideate new ideas, concepts and campaigns in a team -- and to communicate ideas and concepts clearly to teammates and executives
- People management experience; ability to manage cross-functionally, manage up and supervise the work of junior staff either directly or indirectly
- Bachelor’s Degree required
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and writing samples today!