24 Seven has partnered with one of their clients whom is a globally recognized sportswear brand base here in the Pacific Northwest. They are in search of a Copy Editor to join their team who is local to Beaverton, OR and would potentially be able to come on-site.
As a copy editor, you’ll reference various resources and style guides to review and edit a high volume of copy blocks across a variety of deliverables. You’ll work with writers to ensure copy is clear, concise, on-brand and legally compliant. As part of the editing team, you will help enforce our high standards for all product-related descriptions and assets. These deliverables range from online product descriptions to in-store signage to paid social and email content for athlete-favorite products. You’ll help manage and evolve internal resources and communicate any changes to the team. You’ll collaborate with writers to create compelling product stories that resonate with our consumers. You feel comfortable voicing your editorial opinion in small and large group settings. The ability to effectively communicate this opinion in both written and verbal formats is essential.
What Will You Work On?
• Help maintain the Product Copy style guide for your dimensions and deliverables
• Ensure copy is clear, concise, on-brand and legally compliant
• Help coach and develop copywriters’ voice, tone and style
• Partner with various legal teams to ensure compliance, including trademark and sports marketing
• Champion and communicate standards in ways that garner support and build trust
Who Will You Work With?
You’ll partner with your Editing Manager, Product Copywriters, Product Writing Operations, Legal, Sports Marketing, Brand and others.
What You Bring to the Role
• 2+ years editing experience in a corporate setting, agency or e-commerce
• 2+ years writing experience in a corporate setting, agency or e-commerce.
• Must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and ability to self-manage a heavy workload and hit deadlines
• A talent for working with a team and communicating effectively
• Absolutely must be naturally curious and a storyteller