Our client, a leader in the beauty and Retail space, is looking for a Copywriter to join the team on a freelance basis. Candidate can be completely remote. Role set to start in June, and contract will be 3 months with potential to extend.
Location: FULLY REMOTE
Duration: 3 months (with a strong possibility to extend)
The Freelance Copywriter is well-versed in copywriting and branding within retail, advertising, and/or editorial. The ideal candidate has a portfolio of work demonstrating mastery translating concepts and briefs into tactical copy, tailoring messages to audiences based on channel best practices. Preferred experience includes omnichannel retail across store, direct mail, email, digital and social, and/or digital editorial content across multiple digital channels (email, mobile, site, etc.). A strong understanding of beauty and lifestyle is required.
- This role will be a support role to the Editorial and Copy team, executing on a daily cadence of deliverables.
- The work will include seasonal campaigns, promotional events, and evergreen marketing content.
- Competence working in multiple project management and proofing platforms (Monday.com, Invision, Workfront, Sharepoint, Miro) is preferred. It’s fast-paced, but fun—never a dull moment.
- Workstreams include:
- Store signage, direct mail (catalog) and other printed projects (40%)
- Email content, push notifications, homepage content (30%)
- Paid and organic social writing and editing (20%)
- Support in organizing templates, editing style guides, proofing, and other operations (10%)
- BA in Journalism, English or Creative Writing, Advertising, or related fields
- 4+ years writing experience in agency, editorial or in-house
- Strong emotional intelligence, able to manage up and across and initiate communication
- Ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize strategic messages into consumer-friendly copy
- Ability to receive and respond to feedback to pivot when necessary
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines