Our client, a well-known agency located in Chicago, is looking to bring on a Fulltime Medical/Pharma Copy Editor/Proofreader to their growing team, starting immediately. This candidate can be completely remote!
Title: Copy Editor (Medical/Pharma)
Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire, Permanent
Medical Copy Editor Responsibilities:
- A medical editor (or scientific editor) revises scientific language for usage, flow, and clarity.
- They reduce awkward phrasing, biased language, and jargon that is inappropriate for the audience.
- The editor ensures that facts, data, and scientific units have been used consistently - Editing and fact-checking content is always huge role.
- Correct grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.
- Help companies develop style guides to govern how content is created.
- Arrange page layouts to include written content as well as elements like photos and ads.
- Could meet with clients to help define content needs and create a content calendar.
- Make sure that they fact check statements, correct typos and grammatical errors and mark unnecessary or confusing passages for the Writer to revise later on.
Medical Copywriter Qualifications:
- Intimate knowledge and expertise in the Modern Language Association (MLA) guide.
- Experience Copy Editing, specifically within the medical and pharmaceutical fields.
- Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project/issue tracking system (Jira)
- Agency experience is a plus.
If you are interested in and qualified for this role, please forward tour resume and portfolio today!