Our client is looking for a Creative Director to manage and coordinate the social media, digital & print photo/video shoots. The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter, analytical, data-driven, and continually seek to improve upon key KPIs to drive e-commerce revenue. The Creative Director is responsible for developing and implementing the art, photo & video strategy by applying analytics and product story-telling. The ideal candidate must be very analytical and have a strong understanding of social media, photography, video & digital content creation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing the daily content creation & operations of social & marketing channels.
- Project managing & coordinating various project with vendors and supplier
- Content creation & graphic design for email, social & website platforms
- Providing advice and assistance to top management in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of modifications to existing operations, systems, and procedures
- Collaborate with brand, marketing, and e-commerce teams to ideate email content, copy, photography requirements, and storytelling against seasonal trends, product launches, go-to-market calendar, forecast goals, and marketing campaigns.
- Provide weekly/monthly/ad-hoc reporting and actionable insights against KPIs and channel goals, including revenue, message analysis, A/B test results, product performance, clicks, traffic, unsubscribes, etc.
- Create, manage and review the social media calendar to ensure the copy, imagery and test sends are accurate and meet brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with the photo studio, marketing team and buying team on campaign initiatives, product features and content planning.
- Create, manage and execute compelling product and seasonal stories.
- Send business recaps daily, weekly, monthly, etc., that include both product selling KPIs as well as site specific KPIs.
- Manage the creation and handoff of seasonal marketing briefs.
- Partner closely with management to offer best products and collections to focus campaigns on.
- Work closely with the photo studio to ensure approval, processing and publishing of all product images.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to forecast and plan traffic generating opportunities leveraging SEM, email, display, and digital ads.
- Maintain creative excellence and brand cohesion across disciplines, including art, branding, design, copy, photo, and video
- Develop integrated brand, category, and product-marketing campaigns in line with seasonal and long-range strategies
- Drive innovation in the creative process to ensure constant improvement in our ability to be efficient and effective in our asset development
- Partner with our Head of Marketing to ensure that our website, email, and digital marketing experience reflects our creative intention and desired brand experience
- Develop, socialize, and maintain global brand standards in identity, online experience, photography, typography, and voice. Develop and refresh the brand creative guidelines playbook.
- Lead creative direction across all aspects of the brand including: advertising, ecommerce, content development, digital and online, product/graphics (where applicable), industry (tradeshows, etc.), sales support, etc.
- Collaborate management team to deliver work that is globally relevant, on-strategy, on-budget and on-time that generates conversion/revenue
- Proactively collaborate with all cross functional departments throughout the company including merchandise & design, sales and marketing
- Effectively delegate and manage people and resources connected to each project
- Pro-actively Identify problems with projects or within project/team and offer solutions
- Work within the constraints of each individual project’s deadline and budget
- Utilize external resources when necessary and approved to achieve the best overall results for any individual campaign and or project
- Define brand "look and feel" and tone of voice
- Manage art direction and content direction team
- Contribute to marketing strategy (e.g., concrete story themes/visualization concepts)
- Consider and manage sensitivity toward regional needs, customs, beliefs and translation issues
- Lead communication with other departments to ensure adequate understanding of brand image
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
4+ years’ experience working in art direction, graphic design, copywriting, or a related creative field
Understand Art Direction and ability to both produce and direct photo shoots
Deep knowledge of Brands and Branding
Proficiency across the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office tools
Experience guiding projects from concept to consumer and orchestrating creative direction across multiple channels of communication
Great understanding of marketing and trends, especially in fashion/core sports market
Experience working with media partners to develop native content franchises in line with brand strategy
Experience briefing external freelancers and agencies to supplement internal bandwidth or expertise limitations
Demonstrated ability as an individual thinker and collaborative team player
Creativity skills developed during a previous experience as designer, copywriter or art director
Ability to make decisions in a time-constrained environment
Outstanding communication skills
Strong ability to understand multi-channel marketing strategies
Analytical skills to be able to analyze the latest trends in the industry
Understanding of graphic art, colors, fabrics, trim and fit is essential.
Sound knowledge of the fashion and fabric industry.
Understanding the needs of the market, retailers, suppliers and merchandisers.
Extensive experience in a similar role is required.
Demonstrated experience to research and develop designs, ideas, themes and convert ideas into products.
Experience in the development of themes through storyboards.
Capability to independently manage projects, present and report at a senior management level.
Ability to manage the design and development of a complete range.
Ability to recognize trends, conceptualize ideas and develop products.
Ability to delegate and follow up on delegated tasks.
Self-starter with exceptional communication, presentation, and project management skills
This is a full-time position working out of the Santa Ana office