Our client, a childhood development company, is looking for a Creative Director to join their team! This will start in the next few weeks and will be full time/direct hire! This will also be a hybrid schedule and will be onsite 2-3 days a week at their Gardena office!
As our Creative Director, you’ll:
• Guide our look and feel! You’ll lead the storytelling of our brand and brand mission through creative development and execution of all graphic design, illustrations, product design, package design and structure, digital marketing/advertising, videos, catalogs, and retail/tradeshow designs to meet the needs of key stakeholders.
• Design our online experience! You’ll understand our customers’ digital journey on all retail platforms and provide the vision for a consistent, seamless, engaging digital experience with our brand and product lines.
• Keep us consistent! You’ll ensure that all deliverables meet or exceed stakeholder and customer expectations and maintain our brand’s integrity.
• Help your team develop and grow! You’ll choose, coach, motivate, and empower a strong, cohesive team of direct and indirect reports, driving employee and organizational performance through the alignment of goals, ongoing feedback, and periodic appraisal.
• Grow our line! You’ll collaborate with Product Development and Marketing to ideate new product concepts and to ensure our product mix is in line with both our brand and marketing growth strategies and business goals.
• Run a top-performing department! You’ll identify and manage labor resources (internal and external) and budgets, review and approve all projects, manage traffic flow, and help your team with prioritizing their projects.
• Try new things! You’ll do the research to find new customer-centric planogram, merchandising, and packaging solutions to meet sales requirements based on feedback from retailers or buyers.
• Be the go-between! You’ll be the principal liaison between the internal team and external partners, ensuring they follow your brand vision as they bring our products to life.
• And more… Things come up! Other duties for this role will be assigned as necessary/appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 8+ years of graphic design/creative experience
• 5+ years experience leading teams, mentoring others and taking a hands-on approach to executing specific projects
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Create Suite
• Strong illustration art direction skills
• Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills; ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Solid understanding of manufacturing processes in a consumer products environment
• Excellent knowledge of digital marketing best practices and UX optimizations for everything from platform-specific digital marketplaces to online ads to platform-specific social posts to e-mails to microsites, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel (intermediate level)
• We’re looking for a leader who can build and coach a team, inspiring them to contribute to our mission and culture, and supporting their professional development
• We’re looking for a multi-tasker who can drive and nimbly meet challenging and shifting deadlines and (sometimes) changing priorities
• We’re looking for a strategic thinker and creative problem solver who actively seeks opportunities to influence growth and change
• We’re looking for an enthusiastic brand advocate with the ability to lead the development and storytelling of our brand and sub-lines and defend our brand guidelines
• We’re looking that rare combination of a persuasive communicator with the ability to hear and respect differing opinions