The Creative Resource Manager is responsible for resourcing across three Lines of Business within two distinct organizations. The Creative Resource Manager partners with functional leads to assign sufficient and suitable resources to projects, balance workloads, source for freelancers and resolve resource conflicts across a large group of creatives, studio resources, producers, and production staff. You must be extremely comfortable managing between 30-50 resources simultaneously.
You must be able to pivot, switch-focus and remain motivated in a fast-paced environment. We're a team that is passionate about making the complex digestible. We are seeking a curious, flexible, personable, dynamic leader who loves people and process.
• You have 8+ years relevant experience in a resource or project management role within a creative or marketing organization. As part of this role, you’ve utilized a project resourcing system and have evangelized use of it with your business partners
• You have solid knowledge of digital processes and the creative process particularly in areas such as design, conceptual advertising, and interactive.
• You feel comfortable working in a dynamic and fluid environment and are able to understand complex project requirements, understand briefs, and recognize potential risks and dependencies relevant to resourcing.
• You are experienced in resource planning, allocation and assigning.
• You are a curious, flexible problem-solver. You are also fair, kind, collaborative and a trusted confident of confidential and sensitive information.
• You possess extraordinary communication and social skills. The role requires a high level of patience, diplomacy and fortitude and a strong voice in a fastmoving environment.
• You are willing to take risks, fail, and learn from mistakes.
• You have a dream to work in a creative, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
• Extraordinary communication skills, organizational skills, and people management skills. Responsibilities
• Build strong rapport with members of the department you support, in addition to partnering with functional and operations leadership and/or key vendor contacts.
• Have strong data set skills, being able to create and manipulate data and figures for forecasting, planning and effective budget reviewing.
• Host weekly check-ins with key stakeholders to ensure efficient assignment of all projects, identify excessive or under-utilization of talent, and solve any potential resource gap areas.
• Lead weekly resource meetings reviewing and presenting slate of incoming work.
• Identify skills-to-career aspiration matches of individual contributors to the appropriate projects. • You’re an expert at balancing workload across internal teams, freelancers and agency/vendor partners.
• Review candidate portfolios with a view to skillset match for open roles, and work with Ops and staffing vendors to onboard successfully.
• Support your partners with quarterly and fiscal year planning by forecasting future hiring and freelance needs based on provided roadmaps.
• Mediate resource sharing issues with functional leads and the Lead of Resource Management.
• Collaborate with the Marketing Creative Ops team on freelance needs when external resources are needed.
• Ensure the successful on-boarding/off-boarding of all employees (FTE, vendors and freelancers).
• Shape resource management tools, systems and templates- constantly striving to improve processes and workflow standardization.