Customer Service-Sales Operations Department Manager – Wholesale - Apparel Manufacturer
*This role is full time in-office
Company Description: Our client designs, sources, and markets nationally and internationally an extensive range of women's career, casual sportswear and dresses. Our products are sold primarily at wholesale through all primary retail distribution levels principally under various trademarks and also under private label brand names.
• Manage a department of customer service-sales operations representatives in the management and processing of sales orders from major national retailers. Department is responsible for all aspects of sales order management including:
o Bulk order entry
o Inbound EDI PO processing and bulk order matching
o Review of unconfirmed orders
o Review of open orders against on hand in inbound supply to identify and resolve issues such as late delivery, shortages, etc.
o Allocate and drop picks to 3PL’s
o Manage open picks at 3PL warehouses in conjunction with on-site BCI Brands team, including timely routing and shipping of orders
• Report directly to Chief Operating Officer
• Sales Order Management: Track inventory, allocate orders, drop picks and manage orders received via EDI and manually.
• Liaise with Production, Logistics and 3PL warehouse teams regarding the status of sales orders, production and inbound shipments required to fill them, as well as the need for any extensions, shortages, etc.
• Cooperate closely with sales team to ensure timely and accurate information sharing and communication of order status updates, extension needs, etc.
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Implement department performance monitoring process (through reports and otherwise) to ensure timely and successful management and processing of sales orders.
• Assess performance of team members
• Minimum 5+ years of experience
• Extensive experience with ERP systems required (Exenta or BlueCherry strongly preferred but not explicitly required)
• Must have strong Excel skills, including Pivoting and Vlookup
• Strong problem-solving skills; able to proactively recommend solutions
• Organized and detail-oriented with strong follow-through
• Highly motivated, ability to prioritize workflow, and have good management skills
• Enthusiastic and team-oriented