Review and process international shipment documentation and assign unique tracking number (CP #) to support timely processing of inbound ocean containers.
Prepare documents for U.S. Customs Entry and manage the imperatives associated with insuring products clear customs in a compliant and on time manner.
Facilitate entry classifications and strict adherence to all customs regulations as they relate to the Company’s import compliance program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review import documentation submitted by foreign vendors for completeness
• Reconcile shipment documentation with Purchase Orders; research and resolve quantity discrepancies with Merchants and/or Inventory controllers
• Assign CP numbers to each Purchase Order included in the ocean container
• Prepare documentation for use by Accounts Payable and Customs Team.
• Maintain excellent control and organization of incoming electronic documents
• Ensure workload is prioritized with arrival times into US ports of entry
• Expedite entries through Customs & Border Protection and generate
Delivery Orders to truckers
• Obtain arrival information from forwarders and carriers
• Gather and provide information required by US Food and Drug Administration
• Submit CBP and FDA data elements electronically
• Submit entry documentation and/or compliance information to CBP and other government agencies (USDA, FDA, FWS) when required
• Assist Customs Team in resolving any clearance problems at piers and warehouses
• Communicate with internal departments such as Logistics, Merchants, and the Distribution Centers during the resolution of issues
• Maintain performance expectation for clearance time
• Ensure product clears Customs on time to support the Company’s promotional events • Assist other staff members as required
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience required
• Highly organized, detail oriented, able to multitask in a fast paced environment
• Ability to interact with people at all levels and functional areas
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Excel and Word
• Previous exposure to international business terminology and classification experience preferred
• Must possess excellent follow-up skills and an ability to prioritize independently
- Must haves:
- Teamwork experience
- Basic Excel Skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal & via email)
- Basic knowledge of logistics