We’re looking for a data scientist with a passion for machine learning tools. In this role, you’ll advise our product design team as we plan for the next generation of our machine learning platform. As a subject matter expert, you’ll ensure the needs and interests of data scientists are considered throughout the process. This role entails determining the right heuristics to assess our designs and those of similar platforms, establishing a framework for auditing the platform, and testing the platform by setting up and running projects to document findings. This isn’t a data science role per se, but it’s a chance to influence the future UX of data science.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on data science and machine learning.
- Work with a team of UX designers and researchers to evaluate data science tools.
- Determine heuristics for evaluating machine learning platforms.
- Conduct product research and report findings.
- Expertise in data gathering, preparation, and analysis.
- Expertise creating machine learning models.
- Experience putting models into production, or working with ML engineers to do this.
- Experience using managed machine learning platforms such as Databricks or Dataiku, with a perspective on the qualities of an ideal platform.
- Available to work with us approximately 20 hours/week, between May 17 – June 11, 2021.