Our client, a fashion brand, is seeking a Designer for their Women's Denim department. As the Associate Denim Designer, you will be responsible for researching inspiration, strong wash and dye experience, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
This is a Freelance role. Onsite in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
- Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
- Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
- Collaborate with other Apparel Designers and various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
- Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
- Oversee Wash and Bulk Approvals
- Manage an Assistant Designer
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Women's Denim Design
- Technical knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, prints, colors, washes and trims
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop; PLM is a Plus