Denim Wash Assistant POSITION SUMMARY:
This role is responsible for assisting the garment processing function and maintaining all fabric resources such as shade band charts, fabric library and approved wash samples.
Denim Wash Assistant RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set up and prepare for all Shade Band/Silver Tag reviews.
• Tagging and labeling approved wash samples; Shade Bands and Silver Tags.
• Ship out all FedEx and DHL packages and manage shipping log.
• Track and prioritize incoming mail and schedule Shade Band/Silver Tag meetings with Production & Design teams on outlook calendar.
• Organize and maintain all Shade Band charts and bins, while keeping track of garments stored in our basement; which are kept for an additional 6 months.
• Organize and maintain fabric library as needed. Roughly 200 fabrics at the beginning of each season, and maintaining flow as the year goes on.
• Help distribute any wear test garments and help prepare for all fabric meetings.
• Help create a new fabric rack at the beginning of each season.
• Needs greater knowledge of production time frame and Design and Merchant’s needs, while understanding how all cross functional roles work together in order to optimize wash team functions.
• Attend all Shade Band meetings and enter Shade Band comments into PLM.
• Schedule weekly meetings with Production to track PP and wash approvals to determine when Shade Bands should be submitted from vendor/agent; in order to help prevent shipping delays.
• Communicate with vendors weekly to coordinate outstanding Shade Band submission dates.
• Manage wash team supplies and order from each vendor as necessary.
Denim Wash Assistant QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree – Preferable in Color Technology or equivalent Textile/Apparel Degree.
• Ability to communicate clearly using color terminology both written and verbal
• Excellent follow-up and follow- through skills.
• Ability to act as liaison between several departments.
• Detail orientated with good organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
** POSITION IS REMOTE **