The Design Assistant will work alongside the Designers on a full collection of luxury apparel. They will utilize their strong acumen for fashion to create and interpret concepts to generate a final product for a specific segment.
The Design Assistant will support the Design team throughout the design process and work under the direction of the Designer.
• Manage line plans under direction of Designer.
• Attend designated fittings.
• Make sure all samples are properly shipped.
• Partner with Design team for FOB costing, staying on top of samples and suggest alternate options in order to meet requirements
• Maintain ongoing communication with factories regarding product development from inception through production process in partnership with Design team. (follow up on sample delivery, managing timeline, corrections required, etc.)
• Build Tech packs, construction detail pages, and maintain BOMs.
• Complete ad hoc assignments as assigned by management
• Strong garment development process, fabrics, patterns and construction
• Strong sense of color story, style and fit terminology
• Strong ability to clearly communicate silhouettes and detailed garment construction through tech pack creation
• High knowledge of design details and interior garment construction
• Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Must have at least 1-2 years’ experience working in a Design environment.
• Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
• Strong time management skills with ability to multi task under fast paced- creative environment.
• Upbeat, positive and professional attitude a must.
• Must have strong sense of urgency.