• In partnership with EVP, create and launch the design vision, in collaboration with cross-functional product creation team.
• Inspire and lead, successfully creating unique and compelling, brand-right product.
• Create seasonal concept, stories and beautiful illustration sketches, ensuring aesthetic and design storytelling is threaded throughout, creating a cohesive product assortment that is unique, innovative, ahead of market trend and highly sellable.
• Partner with Raw Material Manager and Product Development team to source and develop fabrics and trims in accordance with price target.
• Direct and inspire graphic designer for the creation of artworks and prints.
• Develop from concept through to prototype seasonal collections, presenting to leadership with clear storytelling and thought process.
• Partner with Tech Design and Product Development to approve fits from concept through final fit; understand garment engineering in order to best achieve the quality/value proposition and drive to exceptional fit consistency in the product.
• Coach and mentor Associate Designer.
• Create and refine an ecosystem of products to the line plan, building assortment strategies based on seasonality, function, style count and price point.
• Set and lead all gates and dates, adhering to calendar and key milestones.
• Build strong, dynamic and synergistic relationships with cross-functional partners: Merchandising, Technical Design, Product Development, Marketing, and Production.
• Think innovatively at all stages of the creative, design and development process.
• Travel as required for market trends and inspiration.
• 10+ years of experience within design
• 2+ years of experience at the Director level
• Incredibly creative and innovative with strong illustration skills.
• Proven track record in setting up trends and developing assortments that deliver results.
• Exceptional knowledge on building a cohesive assortment, with fabric, garment construction and fit.
• Ability to strike a balance between creativity and critical thinking in a fast-paced environment.
• Entrepreneurial, highly motivated self-starter with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and PLM.
• Fit and construction expertise.
• Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
• A team player who will contribute positively to team dynamic, cultivate passion and productivity. Be solutions driven, an efficiency advocate and a strategic thinker.