Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring a Design Ops Manager on a 12 month contract that is likely to extend and could lead to fulltime opportunities. This role is remote for now but may go onsite once it's safe. This position is eligible for benefits and sick time.
- With direction from design leadership and/or creative directors, shepherds seasonal work load and process, including calendar, design tools (images, samples, color, etc.), and resource allocation to ensure timelines and business objectives are met.
- Champions group design efforts, maintaining relationships with internal divisions groups and outside groups where collaborative relationships benefits the brand, product, and creative process (e.g. Commercialization, Merchandising, Footwear).
- Oversees seasonal workload by assigning projects to design staff and outside contractors as needed.
- Provides experiences and training that maintains highest level of competency among designers.
- Influences project direction by acting as integral part of design team.
- Mentors others by sharing business and design expertise.
- Represent assigned area of responsibility in a management and professional capacity within the design function and to cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with other managers within Design and across the matrix to increase efficiencies and ensure design excellence.
- Partner with design leadership in the creation and implementation of design processes, creative teambuilding experiences, HR planning tracking, and overall design-related needs to promote excellence in design at all times.
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations; ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management.
- Demonstrated project management and process excellence.