TThe Designer is part of the design studio within the product team, supporting key clients while working closely with design leads, design managers, copy editors, and other team members. This position is responsible for designing comps and providing specs for final production files. Working with client services, this role handles layout tweaks, image swaps, corrections, and copy changes as needed prior to delivery. This demands a keen eye for detail as well as a mix of both technical skills and creative acumen. The work is multidisciplinary.
Working side by side with designers, writers, copy editors, developers, client services, the clients, and other partners, this position drives digital campaigns through the final phase of execution. This requires accuracy, meeting deadlines and collaboration with teammates to constantly pursue an environment that surpasses expectations.
As a person, you are
- A detail-oriented design powerhouse with a proven track record. You consider design challenges a sport.
- You are a passionate senior level designer that will help us create excellent and consistent creative work.
- You have your eye on the details and consistency is your middle name. You live and breathe guidelines. Best practices are your breakfast.
- You roll up your sleeves and execute design production, making sure every file we create and deliver maintains pixel-perfect accuracy.
As a worker, you will
- Be part of the design studio within our product team, supporting key clients while working closely with design leads, design managers, copy editors, and other team members.
- You’ll be responsible for designing comps and providing specs for final production files.
- You’ll also work with client services to handle layout tweaks, image swaps, corrections, and copy changes as needed prior to delivery.
- You will need to bring a keen eye for detail as well as a mix of both technical skills and creative acumen.
- Be working side by side with designers, writers, copy editors, developers, client services, our clients, and other partners to drive digital campaigns through the final—and absolutely critical—phase of execution.
- You thrive on accuracy and nailing deadlines.
- You seek out collaboration with teammates to constantly pursue an environment that far surpasses the status quo.
- Seek and value feedback, knowing it will make your work that much stronger.
- You understand clients’ and users’ needs—respecting the boundaries of brands—while pushing them into new territories.
- You prioritize the iterative process, always producing multiple options for a single project or ask.
- You build beautiful and effective presentations. Detail master: No pixel, no comma, no inconsistency escapes your gaze.
- Create pixel-perfect output for our clients.
- Establish and maintain best production practices.
- Seek out and destroy the loose ends: one element that’s a tad out of alignment, kerning that is just slightly off, a misplaced comma, and a stray extra space.
- Driven self-starter: You take full ownership of your work and the work of your team.
- You establish best practices and new workflows whenever necessary.
- Flexible and responsive: You receive and give feedback well, and you approach changes with a positive attitude.
- Problem solver: You understand the clients’ and users’ needs before any pixel gets placed.
- You believe everything can be improved and you see new challenges as new opportunities.
- Roll up your sleeves: You’re willing to help out wherever needed. No task is too small.
- Translate design comps into final production files.
- Handle layout tweaks and copy changes as needed prior to delivery.
- Drive and maintain design consistency across deliverables.
- Team player: You don’t win on your own and you look out for those around you. Be a core part of our creative team, helping to deliver excellent work across a variety of media.
As for experience, you need
- Bachelor’s degree in design or fine arts (or comparable experience)
- Five-plus years of experience in a design studio or agency (or comparable experience)
- Ability to work on multiple jobs simultaneously while feeling comfortable with changing workflows and priorities
- Ability to maintain and adhere to brand guidelines, including calling out when and where they don’t make sense
- A portfolio and experience that demonstrates your ability to deliver accuracy and consistency
But even better, you have
- Retouching experience
- Exceptional organizational, listening, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of production processes, technologies, and design
- Expert knowledge of industry-standard software (Adobe CC, Sketch, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Asana or other project management software
- Basic knowledge of the Google Suite (Drive, Docs, etc.)