My client is a global leading lifestyle brand that is looking for an Apparel Designer to own Concept, Print, and Color palette for the brand. This Designer will be responsible for overseeing the print research, print purchases, print design, mill sheet development, color palette, and manage print contractors.
This designer will work closely with the head of women’s design to support and build out seasonal concepts.
To be effective in this role, the individual must be an experienced designer who’s passionate about the performance space, excellent product eye, authentically lives the brand values and thrives in a team environment.
Fulltime Direct Hire
Title: Designer of Concept, Print and Color
Location: Carlsbad – Hybrid Work Model
- Work closely with Design Leads to research preseason trend, print inspiration, and trim.
- Own print selection process, timelines and manage print contractors.
- Collaborate with apparel design and development team to spec and execute all printed styles.
- Be able to work to a commercial Line Plan each season, collaborating with the Merchandising and Design teams on seasonal print newness.
- Responsible for commenting on print, color and trim submits.
- Create and manage all design assortment tools for Prints.
- Responsible for accurate and on time execution of deadlines.
- Maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Support design team for seasonal product presentations & sales meetings.
- Collaborative team player who is curious and creative.
- 5-7 years design experience.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
- Performance apparel experience preferred.
- Background in print and surface design.
- Strong understanding of apparel market and trends.
- Strong eye for relevant and trend right product that aligns with brand aesthetic.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient using Adobe Illustrator and PLM.