Digital & Social Media Marketing Coordinator (Temporary)
Reports To: eCommerce Marketing Manager
Work Schedule/Hours: Estimated 30 hours per week
Duration: 3 months
The Digital & Social Marketing Coordinator Temporary position will be part of the Marketing team, reporting to the Ecommerce Manager and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, coordinating and executing marketing plans and projects. This role requires excellent creative writing, photography, and design capabilities, good understanding of social media platforms, and a strong analytical mind that can extract meaningful insights and translate them into actionable initiatives. This is an entry level position.
Duties of Position
1) Marketing 30%
- Keep in touch with hired-on freelancers and influencers, ensuring they deliver or post assets on time.
- Work with eCommerce team to execute weekly email newsletter.
- Design/develop new assets based on the marketing calendar.
- Assist in the development and proofing of new or updated packaging art.
- Special projects as requested including assisting partners, inputting orders for influencers/freelancers, design projects.
- Assist e-commerce manager with needed assets.
2) Social Media 50%
- Execute social media calendar plan, integrating key dates, events, launches, and campaigns.
- Follow defined guidelines to expand growth of Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Develop content and creative assets (photography and captions).
- Connect with and initiate outreach to bloggers, media, and brands, facilitating existing and potential brand-building initiatives, as it relates to content, social media, partnerships, and cross-promotion.
- Support customer relations by answering all DMs and comments on social media.
3) Cross-Department Support 20%
- Assist in cross-functional requests as they come in from various departments, including HR, eCommerce, Retail Store, and other departments (usually design-related, but can also involve project management assistance).
- Report results in monthly employee newsletters.
- Provide PR with needed assets including blog posts, high-res photography, sample orders, and checking the calendar timeline to ensure that projects are going out on time.
- Photography Design
- Oral Communication Skills Time Management
- Written Communication Skills Organization
- Technical Communication Presentation
- Customer Relations Project Management
- Professionalism Diplomacy
- Communicate (speak, read, and write) in English with customers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors and the public in face-to-face settings, or when on the telephone.
- Ability to define programs, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Enter data into a personal computer.
- Work cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- Make numerical calculations (multiplication, division, percentages, addition and subtraction)
- Resolve inquiries and complaints expressed by co-workers.
- Work within established organizational policies and regulations.
- Work safely without endangering self or others.
Education/Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, design or related field
- Adobe Suite proficiency, specifically: Photoshop and Illustrator
- Creative skills include experience writing copy, taking photos and working with digital design
- Eager to work in a team environment with great cross-department collaboration
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Good understanding of social media platforms and metrics
- Graphic design experience (portfolio required, please provide link or additional content along with resume)
- Experience in using computer programs, as Microsoft Office, G Suite Sheets and Docs
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, etc. as well as travel by car or plane to customer locations, constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, frequently communicate with phone, email, texting. Also the person must be able to see, read and write. Must be able to lift a minimum of 20lbs Position is currently remote.