As a North America Digital Content Writer, Athlete Knowledge Base, you’ll support the world’s most iconic athletic brand by arming our consumer services teams with the knowledge they need to help consumers get the most out of their experience. You’ll be part of a flexible, fast-moving culture made up of multi-talented team players who prize collaboration, but who also have the individual confidence and discipline to tackle complex independent projects. You’ll need to be a skilled writer, including being able to explain the complex in simple terms and using the correct voice. And because our world is continuously evolving, you’ll need to possess curiosity and a love of learning.
Notes from hiring manager:
· Want to hire ASAP (Wants to hire within the next week)
· Remote is fine, but local preferred in order to be considered for full-time hire on
· Team of 10
· Wants to see writing samples, or a past PPT they built, video editing samples
· Writer for any internal updates for Nike
· For the call center athletes
· Need to have different styles of writing to be concise while getting all the info across they need to
· Design eye or even a graphic design eye, put together a good presentation
· Able to accept a lot of feedback
· Needs to be able to update the internal teams quickly with any breaking updates
· Grammar, fast-pace, time management, multi-tasking
· Needs to lean the ins and outs of the Nike consumer content to write on it and share with team
· Attends many meetings that help serve the NA team of consumer services
· Creating new content continuously while still staying creative with your work
· Always looking for new ways to inform the thousands of athletes that will be using this info daily
· Able to create content in a stimulating way
· Premier (nice to have)
· Edit/create videos (on a basic level)
· 1 interview and done
Roles & responsibilities:
· Research, write and edit digital content aimed at internal consumer services audiences.
· Collaborate with internal partners and stakeholders on content needs, based on product and business developments across the company.
· Manage existing content, including making timely updates and archiving what’s no longer needed.
· Respond to internal feedback on content, including making updates to existing, or creating new, content when appropriate.
· Promote new and/or updated content to internal audiences and stakeholders.
· Work with geographically dispersed, as well as global, teammates to determine needs for corresponding content outside of North America.
· Manage content projects from beginning to end.
• A degree in Journalism, English, Marketing or Communications, or a minimum of two years’ additional equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in content creation, copywriting or journalism; experience in a customer service contact center or in other customer service roles a plus.
• Experience writing for a brand, along with a deep understanding of applying brand voice.
• The ability to take complex scenarios and processes and present them in simple terms.
• Experience serving clients or customers and adept at relationship-building. You’ll need to understand a service-based approach and possess the ability to maintain composure in tense situations, as well as the capacity to empathize with others.
• Experience working with tight deadlines and the ability to organize and prioritize projects to make sure concurrent projects are finished on time.
• Impeccable grammar and experience with copyediting.
• Experience using website content management systems
• The ability to maintain discretion with sensitive information and to display sound judgment.