Our client, a well known global agency, is looking to add a Digital Creative Director to their growing team on a Fulltime basis, starting immediately. This role will be part of an extremely exciting and cutting edge initiative!
Overview of the brand:
We apply insightful, strategic, brand-building processes to the creation industry-leading, award-winning promotions, digital experiences, retail activations, CRM and loyalty programs, premiums and brand events.
Why this role?
Through work with one of the agency's biggest client, they have evolved a "top selling item" into unchartered territory for the digital space, and are now working on a new frontier and setting the standard in this industry. We will be creating hard working, attention grabbing animations that help families explore new worlds and interact with fanciful characters and licenses. We need a lead motion designer who can use animation to tell fun and engaging stories and can help guide and shape this new technology with a point of view they’re not afraid to share.
Who are you?
As a Creative Director, you’ll manage a team that pushes boundaries, and champions out-of-the-box thinking. Responsible for crafting program concepts that drive consumer engagement, you’ll be leading and working with a group that cares about producing effective, head-turning digital engagements almost as much as they care about other people.
Fearless, passionate and imaginative, you’ll push the boundaries of visual design, marketing and concept creation — building best-in-class experiences that build stronger human connections.
You inspire those around you to concept and design attention-grabbing, digital engagements. Someone who believes in the power of an idea, and the strength of a story — eager to translate and bring to life in the digital space. You understand the user journey on a mobile platform and are able to apply your knowledge and standard methodologies of mobile design to deliver moving, intuitive and imaginative interfaces the whole family can enjoy.
Digital Creative Director Responsibilities:
- This role will work closely with cross-functional teams, driving the ideation and execution of various client programs and brand promotions. As a member of the Senior Creative Management team, you'll lead both short-term and long-term creative planning activities.
- Manage a team of Art Directors, Motion Designers and Copywriters, helping bring their ideas to life while inspiring them to think differently about the tasks at hand
- Take big picture ideas and turn them into engaging and valuable experiences, thinking conceptually and strategically on what invokes interaction and engagement
- Interpret briefs in order to lead designs that are strategically driven, thoughtful and compelling - not just "pretty"
- Understand information hierarchy within a user interface and uses that to lead and collaborate with UX and UI designers to deliver a product
- Direct creation of distinctive, engaging and innovative graphics and communication that meet and exceed both internal and client creative expectations
- Provide a leadership mentality that challenges and pushes what we do daily and constantly asks 'what if' and 'what's next'?
- Partner with account, production and business support to develop and implement concepts for all teams and competencies
- Provide insight and input at the proposal and estimating stage for key projects
- Coach teams and clients on best-in-class UI/ interaction experience design
Digital Creative Director Skills and Experience:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- 8+ years of experience designing and building consumer experiences and promotional initiatives (in digital, social, site, etc.)
- Robust experience with mobile standard methodologies, leading the design for mobile-first interfaces
- A strong understanding of UX flows, wires and design
- Strong grasp of design around typography, color, photography, layout design, hierarchy, and user experience (motion graphics is a plus)
- Expert proficiency with Sketch, Abstract, Adobe Creative Suite
- Fantastic presenter and storyteller, able to build engaging presentations that showcase and bring the work to light
- Experience in developing strategies and delivering process improvements
- Commanding grasp of user-centered design practices, rapid ideation tools
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills with a positive, effective, and team-focused mentality
- Strong portfolio with examples of recent digital projects demonstrating creative thinking and flawless execution
- Experience working in social media is a plus
If you are interested in and qualified for this role, please forward your portfolio today!