Assist the Creative Director and Graphic Design team in transforming high level marketing concepts into innovative packaging, displays and other supporting collateral.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Work on various design projects from primary and secondary packaging to POP/displays and merchandising
• Design compelling on-brand packaging for new concepts and refreshes to existing items.
• Ability to apply artwork to vendor die lines
• Partner with cross functional teams including marketing, product development team and outside vendors
• Take ownership of projects from concept to production
• Create 2D and 3D renderings of package concepts and have the ability to create mock samples
• Be able to take creative direction and execute accordingly
• Work well in a fast-paced environment
• Have flexibility to adapt to changes in direction
• Stay up to date with industry trends Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
• 3 years minimum experience in graphic design, beauty experience preferred but not required
• Proficient in a MAC Environment with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, GIF) as well as strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Willingness to learn new skills and industry methods
• Strong portfolio demonstrating packaging production experience
• Strong written and verbal presentation skills
• Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Must be a self-starter, flexible and imaginative with an elevated sense of design Beauty Copywriter
• Solidify the brand voice and tone across multiple brands, and ensure all copy is unified within each brand
• Work on all product dev copy such as palette/shade naming, franchise naming, and unit carton copy
• Work on marketing copy such as taglines, event announcements and hashtags.
• Collaborate with graphic design and marketing team members
• Collaborate with regulatory team to ensure copy is within legal parameters
• Liaise with Product Marketing Manager to ensure compelling copy captures product positioning and creates a competitive point of difference highlighting ingredient and formula innovation.
• Experience writing beauty/cosmetic related copy preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Creative with open mind, multi-task and a team player
• Must have strong organization skills, reliable, and have the capability to work in a fast-paced environment in a professional manner.
• Must be a self-starter with energy, drive and determination to accomplish goals.
• Love of writing in all forms and across channels/formats, and can adapt tone and style while still ensuring a cohesive brand voice
• Understanding of how to translate company business goals into copy marketing priorities
• Strong organizational skills and track record of entrepreneurial projects and improvements in previous positions
• Strong project management, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small mentality
• Ability to work well within a team and cross-functionally with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, with limited supervision and under tight timeframes
• Intimate knowledge of industry writing trends