The Digital Marketing Analyst is on the front lines of data intelligence and measurement. This role will primarily be responsible for preparing reporting materials, monitoring and analyzing data to identify trends, opportunities and potential threats and supporting optimal execution and measurement of all digital marketing efforts. The role requires someone who is part data analyst and part technical analyst. He or she must be a critical thinker who is creative in coming up with new innovative ideas.
Essential Job Functions:
• Compile, organize, and reconcile data for a variety of teams and areas of focus, including delivering analytics and measurement documents, dashboards, charts and pivot tables on demand and/or against repeating milestones (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual).
• Translate raw data and marketing results into easy-to-understand findings including preparation of executive summaries and business reviews.
• Review and ensure accurate implementation of tagging and tracking mechanisms such as (but not limited to) Facebook & other pixels, following industry standards.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of digital marketing environment and best practices.
• Build and evaluate data models to test and validate various hypotheses and marketing campaigns.
• Assist in setting up, tracking, and reporting on marketing test models (e.g. A/B). Measure, optimize and report outcomes of marketing tests.
• Collaborate and partner with teams from multiple departments for reporting, metrics, and recommendations
• Partner with business stakeholders to analyze marketing campaigns for effectiveness and develop data informed actions that lead to improvements in campaign sales and other key performance indicators.
• Update job knowledge by researching the latest on analytics for global consumer brands, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Create ad-hoc reporting and support new report development as needed.
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in Marketing Analytics, Digital Media and/or Digital Analysis.
• Technical skills including editing and writing SQL queries with basic understanding of open-source data mining / data visualization. Skills with coding language for data analysis (e.g. Python) are preferred.
• A strategic thinker, practitioner, and excellent collaborator in digital marketing and analytics.
• Must be proactive, focused, detail-oriented, self-motivated, results-driven, and able to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to think creatively, critically, in order to clearly present ideas and communicate with leadership.
• Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Digital certifications a plus: Facebook Business Manager, Khoros, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager.
• Proficiency in Microsoft: Power BI, Excel Formulas & Functions
• HTML/CSS experience a plus.