Our client in the sportswear and footwear industry seeks a Digital Media Manager for a 12+ month contract that could extend or convert to a fulltime position. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in media planning, media strategy and media buying within sportswear or a large brand. This role is remote for now but will be onsite eventually so they are considering local candidates only.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Manager, Brand Media Strategy & Operations for the US will be responsible for helping the US teams adhere to media strategies & best practices from planning through to execution. This role will help manage day-to-day budget management, briefing, planning, and execution in partnership with Comms & Digital teams, Performance Marketing team, and their US media agency. This role will work with teams directly to help them more effectively work with the agency, plan and execute in excellence and be a key partner to their media agency.
• Primary point of contact between the business unit communication teams and media agency, project managing campaign processes inclusive of: media brief development, creative handover, workback schedule milestones coordination, etc to bring campaigns to market.
• Lead brand media processes for product campaigns focused on driving consideration lift within specific category segments
• Contribute to the development of the annual media strategy and brand tracking work focused on growing the value of the brand in the US market.
• Function as media expert ensuring media plans include best practices, are planned to global thresholds, and contribute to achieving annual media strategy targets.
• Coordinate with US teams, finance, and media agency contacts to accurately plan and track approved media budgets, submit purchase requests, book goods receipts, and process agency invoices in a timely manner.
• Lead agency operations projects to improve workflow efficiency, to generate consistent agency deliverables of a high standard, and to strengthen the working relationship and derived value of the media agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills and high level of strategic thinking.
• Exceptional writing, research, and presentation skills.
• Process oriented with a high degree of organizational and project managements skills.
• Proven ability to scrutinize details, meticulous and thorough by nature.
• Critical thinker who proactively seeks out resource when needed and proposes solutions to drive progress.
• Experience in media strategy, media planning, media buying – with digital as key focus.
• Ability to manage and / or collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups.
• Wide-ranging experience with various media tools and platforms.
• Interest in media landscape/industry and emerging platforms
• Experience working in a data-driven organization.
• Strong understanding of consumer messaging and brand reputation.
• Broad understanding of and passion for the sports and fashion/entertainment industry.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• Degree in Marketing, Media, Communications, PR or a related field.
• 2-4 years’ industry and / or relevant work experience.
• Fluent written and spoken English language skills.