Our client, a well-known Advertising Agency is looking for a Digital Producer to join their team. This is a fully remote position (must work PST hours if located in another time zone).
The primary focus of a Producer is to be a steward of the idea amplification and execution. The Producer manages the execution and the vision of the creative idea, and is dedicated to finding the best path to execute the work.
- Providing solutions to technical problems, providing alternative suggestions, sharing new and evolving options for deliverables, finding suitable production partners for ideas, and being able to understand the limitations and possibilities of the medium.
- The Producer partners with the Project Management, Creative, UX, Account, Media and Technology teams. Managing projects’ scopes, schedules, procurement and negotiations are also integral parts of this role.
DAY TO DAY:
- Partners closely with Creative teams to transform creative ideas into tangible deliverables.
- Combines production and technical knowledge with innovative ideas to enhance and inspire the core idea.
- Nurtures and develops relationships with vendors and companies
- Provides an execution strategy that is created in conjunction with the client’s project parameters.
- Reviews media plans, wireframes, designs, development specs, etc., at appropriate stages to ensure quality balances.
- Manages testing and quality control through appropriate sources. •
- Manages the project-specific production budget.
- Develops a project estimate that may include internal and external costs/resources.
- Negotiates with vendors to ensure the purchase and production of high-quality work at competitive prices.
- Evaluates and estimates specifications with appropriate vendors, and recommends changes that will improve both cost and the perceived value.
- Maintains accountability to the project’s realistic scope, timing and budget through consulting and enhancement of the evolving idea.
- Shapes the project’s scope using insights related to production options, media opportunities, new technologies, or creative solutions.
- Continues to update the Project Manager and Account lead, especially regarding the potential for “scope creep.”
- Only accepts work that is requested via the proper channels.
Project Schedule/Time Management
- Collaborates with Project Manager while developing the initial project schedule.
- After the estimate and idea are approved, the Producer creates a detailed schedule (at the production execution level) to work in conjunction with master project timelines.
- Alerts Project Manager and Account lead to timing or cost issues that may arise.
- Defines/communicates deliverables timing with external vendors.
- Communicates the production’s impact to the Project Manager, who communicates any issues to the team, and to the Account lead, who communicates any issues to the client.
- For multi-channel campaigns, collaborates with other Producers (media specific/subject matter experts) to seek efficiencies on behalf of client’s budget, project parameters and creative vision.
Project Risk Management
- Anticipates potential production issues, and provides options to help prevent them from becoming challenges.
- When production challenges do arise, the Producer provides solutions and options to resolve them.
- Develops contingency plans when potential risks are identified.
Project Resources (Internal)
- Serves as a partner in idea development and execution options.
- Edits the “message” to suit all audiences, without compromising its original intent.
- Alerts the Project Manager and Account lead when additional internal resources are required.
Project Resources (External)
- Maintains resources at all levels and capabilities.
- Partners with client Technical teams, media publishers, vendors and ad serving networks
- Alerts the Project Manager and Account lead when external resources with unique expertise are required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of solid production knowledge and experience in advertising or related business is required, as is experience with similar accounts, experience with cost consultants and proven ability to accurately cost out jobs
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- The candidate must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and possess strong interpersonal and management skills.
Send your resume today!