Our publishing client is hiring a Digital Product Owner full time with benefits! This person is accountable for the development of a strategic product roadmap for a digital website/e-commerce eco-system including leading the strategic vision and growth strategy, establishing priorities, and driving financial results.
Ideally looking for an individual contributor who's excited to grow with an organization that is shifting to fully digitize all aspects of the business. This person will own the product backlog, new features, its vision for the future and how to improve the client experience. A great fit would be a scrappy individual with curiosity and passion for learning and aquiring new skills, a self-starter, has high standards for quality, can track their growth and own the product and all aspects of it, be it maintaining or innovating.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Digital Product Owner will lead strategic vision and growth strategies for the company’s website and e-commerce properties.
• Understand user problems and come up with realistic solutions
• Conceptualize designs and processes that scale
• Collaborate with business, design, development and marketing to create, and present products throughout various phases of the product lifecycle
• Assist in the development and optimization of online marketing programs
• Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages, implement conversion points, and optimize web lead capture, nurturing and user funnels in support of email and online marketing and sales programs
• Lead customer enhancement efforts; work closely with marketing staff and technology teams on the implementation of quantitative and qualitative efforts to enhance the user experience in these properties
• Articulate strategic decisions to the team — clear communication, ability to defend strategic choices, open-mindedness to alternative approaches.
• Solve product related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
• Draft key objectives and apply data to make business decisions.
• Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
• Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
• Stay knowledgeable of our competitors and the industry
• Review user engagement data to locate opportunities for optimization and improvement
• Capitalize on opportunities to deliver value faster through agile practices
• Understand how the product is performing, the level of customer satisfaction, and provide suggestions for improvements.
• Track and report product effectiveness as relates to business objectives and key performance indicators (subscribers, revenue, etc.).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of professional product owner experience in a startup environment preferred
- Agile and flexible with an analytical and resourceful mind
- Experience in e-Commerce is a huge plus
- Technical knowledge of digital products to efficiently collaborate with development
- Proficiency with various project management software tools (like Jira) or ability to learn fast