MARKETING DIRECTOR NEEDED FOR A WELL KNOWN TOYS / CPG COMPANY IN LA!!
Must live in LA!!!!!!!!!!!!
• To support the SVP, US Marketing as a Senior Member of the US Marketing Team
• Lead the development, implementation and managing of the strategic and tactical marketing plans to drive consumer demand in the US Market for assigned business segment
• Be a strong leader, living our core values, motivating, and developing the teams around you.
• Own a portfolio of Brands and drive them to exceed annual corporate goals – revenue, margin, market share, consumer demand in US Market.
• Provide input to market forecast & retail action plans that deliver on brand strategy.
• Take a lead position in coordinating key functions/processes with the SVP, US Marketing
• Media and Creative Agency Management
• TLP Management/Pricing – manage mix/pricing to achieve financial objectives. Assist roll ups, keep to pricing deadlines, liaise with Brand Finance and Sales.
• Liaise with GBT and fully understand/own the implementation of the Global Playbook with goal to increase US market share
• Own monitoring of business health: NPD, competitive analysis, POS and brand equity
• Own IMR decisions and actions
• Forecasting – closely work with Supply/Demand Planners and Sales Team to review and implement regular (minimum monthly) changes as part of Forecasting Reviews.
• To ensure the management and implementation of Consumer Marketing Campaigns:
• Insights & analytics, Consumer experience, creative advertising, manage budgets, including TV/Media planning, Digital, TV/Digital Commercial Production, PR, Influencers & licensing commitments.
• Brief and manage the creation of market specific assets
• Insure all ‘go to market assets’ are available for US launch
• Manage the team to ensure Shopper marketing delivers best in class retail plans
• Manage team to create, communicate and partner with US Sales team US Customer specific plans – product lines, external TV plans, brand promotional guidelines, channel exclusives
• Toy Fair – a key member of the wider team responsible for managing attendance at Toy Fair
• Present to trade/retail partners, through previews and Toy Fairs, to secure necessary levels and breadth of retail support.
• People Management - Develop your direct reports and be a mentor within the wider business. Work closely with direct reports to manage and prioritize workload. Develop team’s annual KPI’s and personal development/training plans. Nurture talent and develop career paths to move people through the organization. Inspire, motivate, and empower direct reports to live our core values.
• A strong leader – Have an open mind, look for new ideas, have high energy levels, engage and support the teams around you and be positive….always.
Required Skill Set:
• Strong marketing skills – experience developing and delivering strong marketing plans that stand out against the competition and deliver on Global Brand strategy
• Strong ability to connect with consumers, keep up with trends and pop culture and the ever-changing retail environment
• Experience managing/owning PL deliverables such as MC/DC, ROI and sell thru
• Analytic, decisive, and resourceful – need to be able to create action plans that are data driven
• Ability to navigate cross functional teams, led by influence in fast paced environment
• Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
• Result driven – strive to exceed your goals.
• Evidence of managing and developing direct reports with success
• A strong leader – always positive, engaging and with an open mind. Driven to support the teams around you first, yourself second.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• 10+ years of consumer product brand management experience in a new product-oriented industry, preferably working with toy, entertainment, fashion, or other pop culture products.
• Experience leading a team of Brand Managers.
• Experience managing brand P&L with proven results of achieving MC/DC/GS$ targets
• Working knowledge of a variety of marketing tactics from TV, print, digital and consumer promotions
• University or College degree in Marketing, Business, or related field. MBA a plus.