24 Seven has partnered with a growing creative agency to locate their next Director of Design.
The Director will create and execute digital campaigns alongside other designers, writers, and developers and in collaboration with client services, the clients, and other partners. Collaboration with teammates to constantly pursue an environment that far surpasses expectations.
As a person, you are an experienced leader of projects and teams, obsessed with every detail of the craft. You use any visual means necessary to communicate ideas, and you’re willing to start anywhere, with anything, and iterate your way to the right image. You find inspiration in unlikely places and spread them throughout the room. You set the bar high and show your team how to aspire to that level too. Whoever works with you is inspired to bring their best game. Your influence comes through the design work first and foremost. You unlock visual, experiential, and conceptual opportunities through execution, sell your ideas passionately, and elevate the work of the entire team through active mentorship.
As a worker, you will Be working directly with the creative director, design leads, and other team members to drive and deliver exceptional digital creative work. Your role will be the primary creative partner for our client, and you’ll be responsible for the output of the team while representing the goals and values of the studio. You should become a trusted partner for the CD, as well as your content, strategy, and account team leads. Good chemistry is a must.
You are a proven leader and show up with a passion for people and good work. You are a master of your craft but bring sound leadership and client-relationship skills to the table, fluently connecting creatively with business goals. Your capacities are T-shaped—you have a broad range of skills and experience coupled with deep core-discipline knowledge. You approach every project as a new opportunity to create, make, inspire, and execute. You never settle. You go for more whenever possible. You seek collaboration with teammates to constantly shape an environment that far surpasses the status quo. You think strategically. You are always two steps ahead. You take the complex and make it simple. You facilitate workshops and work sessions to move the idea forward. You go wide, think big, and bring concepts to fruition with a range of visual approaches. You give shape to bold ideas through execution. You ground the work in a deep understanding of the client and search for strategic insights to stretch creative opportunities. You create smart, strategic thinking that’s illustrated through concise and articulate presentations. Articulate strategy and sell creative to clients; build and maintain client relationships.
- As for experience, you need Bachelor’s degree in design or a related field.
- Eight-plus years of experience in a design studio or agency, and three or more years in a management or team leadership role.
- Ability to lead and oversee multiple projects simultaneously and design teams with varying degrees of experience and expertise.
- Ability to create, develop, maintain and adhere to brand guidelines, including calling out when and where they don’t make sense.
- A portfolio and work experience that demonstrates a mastery of design and creative communication on a wide range of projects for global brands.
- Ability to travel, occasionally.
- Digital experience is a must.
- Comfortable with changing client needs and priorities.
- Solid core design competency, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, scale, visual presentation development, and layout.
- Strong familiarity with current industry-wide trends.
- Experience leading design teams and mentoring designers.
- Exceptional organizational, listening, and communication skills.
- Effective and clear presentation skills.
- Experience with prototyping tools like Invision and Flinto.
- Experience or demonstrated an interest in motion graphics, 3D graphics, VR, or other areas of digital creative work is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of industry-standard software (Adobe CC, Sketch, Keynote, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of the Google Suite (Drive, Docs, etc.).