As a division of TAL Group, we benefit from being part of a leading global organization in the apparel industry leveraging technology and innovation to meet consumer’s needs. We believe in the right way of doing business - with honesty, integrity, sustainability and environmental leadership.
Title: Director: eCommerce
Description: The Director of eCommerce partners closely with the rest of the management team to provide leadership, communicate strategic direction, and direct the activities of the marketing teams. Responsibilities include defining and executing the eCommerce vision, product direction, branding and marketing strategy for a best-in-class consumer experience. This includes customer acquisition, conversion, retention, and customer satisfaction across all marketing touchpoints. This position requires a keen ability to translate data into actionable steps to grow the business and taking a hands-on and proactive approach to the work is essential. The Director of eCommerce will meet or exceed all annual financial goals for Foxcroft and support long term corporate business strategies while fostering collaboration among all departments that work on the business.
ROLE - RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the SVP of Sales to evolve and refine the Foxcroft e-commerce strategy
- Analyzes and assesses the effectiveness of all existing operations and current needs based on technology and key competitors in the marketplace
- Develops business plan and annual budget for e-commerce. Monitors KPI’s and moves/modifies to deliver the annual financial plan
- Develops and defines the strategic marketing plan and calendar across all channels: Email, Search, Social, PR, Display, etc
- Leads the development and interaction between the eCommerce team and outside vendors for marketing and maintenance of the Foxcroft web site
- Oversees the day-to-day e-commerce operations, maintenance, and performance measurement of the e-Commerce business. Uses a data-driven approach for analysis and decisions
- Maintain and evolve a testing framework to expand the volume & pace of learning across the business. Love for a/b testing and a belief that all decisions can be tested.
- Continuously implement and test new marketing channels while measuring existing channels to drive more efficient ad spend / ROAS
- Exercise a “test and learn” approach improving the effectiveness of spend - optimizing campaign creativity, copy, and consumer cohorts
- Supervises development efforts including content design, campaigns, copywriting, and photography
- Directly supervises team member and leads the cross-functional collaboration with IT, Design, Production, Replenishment services, Finance and Warehouse depts.
- Optimize UX/UI based on traffic, search and sales data
- Use data analytics to track performance to goals and identify opportunities for business development across segments of the company
- Oversee monthly performance results in order to analyze and give recommendations. (Shopify sales data, product sales, consumer data, google analytics), working with finance team
- Ability to manage a P&L or line of business with the ability to make the right decisions to drive success
- Lead retention, promotion and CRM strategies to drive engagement, increased customer return rate and repeat purchases
- Minimum of 5 years of strategic marketing experience with a direct-to-consumer business with a strong online/e-commerce/digital presence and experience launching or growing new brands. Must include analytics-based decision-making where success is measured in terms of revenue growth, conversion, ROAS, and best-in-class content
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or a related discipline preferred
- Proven ability to simplify the complex, successfully articulate and address complex business issues and opportunities to management and cross functional partners
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to clearly articulate trends, results & strategy based on data analysis and present appropriate adjustments to marketing plans accordingly
- Results-oriented: demonstrates a sense of urgency for overcoming obstacles and achieving measurable results; resourceful and driven; willing to get hands dirty and personally drive projects and timelines
- Develop the marketing strategy across all digital channels including but not limited to email and mobile platforms. Ensure sales and margin goals are met
- Strong experience in business planning and e-commerce strategy development and promoting collaboration and driving problem resolution across all levels of a business including the c-suite
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster a dynamic, team-orientated, results-driven environment
- Working experience in Web technologies, web programming languages, web page design/layout, and web site performance measurement
- Deep working knowledge of Shopify Plus
- Leads and manages with empathy and integrity in accordance with our corporate Core Values