The Director of Global Content and Social Strategy is a key strategic role within the organization, responsible for leading the strategic development and execution of social marketing communications initiatives that support and build the brand across key audiences. This person will craft and lead an innovative social strategy while overseeing all brand social media channels, drive growth and engagement, and provide guidance and support to international markets to ensure consistency of messaging, look and feel across the globe.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong background in originating and setting vision for social programs which generate high levels of impact with audiences across multiple channels. Must demonstrate expertise in social by being strategic, creative, action-oriented, nimble and curious, with a deep understanding of the ever-evolving social landscape across both mature and emerging social channels. This candidate will redefine the role of social for the brand, express a clear POV about where and how we should play, and partner with key cross-functional teams to execute our social strategy to reach our defined KPIs. This position also requires a strong understanding of social media trends, digital marketing best practices, integration across owned, earned and paid social programs, real-time analytics, and content development across current/emerging platforms. Accelerating growth and performance while building our community is the priority.
This role will work closely with Integrated Communications, Global Marketing, Creative, Ecomm/Digital/CRM, Media, Customer Service, US Brand Marketing, and other cross-functional teams in the US and International to create and execute our global social media strategy while supporting the brand's category and product priorities, and core brand values. This person will also have a passion for problem-solving and driving data-driven results.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement insights-led global social content strategy across multiple social platforms from inception to execution
• Ensure social media strategies support and align with global and US Marketing programs, communications / PR strategies and are in line with global image
• Develop and deploy the brand's social media content calendar for primary channels of Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, and Pinterest with the goal of increasing our community, building strong engagement and brand buzz, and driving results with our key KPIs of engagement, efficacy and commerce
• Be the champion of our audience: ensure that the content strategy serves both brand and audience needs
• Partner with Ambassadors at shoots and on contracted posts
• Seek innovative ways to have the brand at the social forefront through emerging platforms and tactics
• Partner with Creative Agency on social visual strategy and campaign rollouts/assets
• Collaborate with regional leads re: content on owned channels
• Collaborate with global markets on local roll out and tactical plans, KPI’s and campaign analysis to ensure brand alignment
• Develop and manage partnerships with key platform partners including Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, Pinterest, and other emerging platforms
• Lead the identification of evolving digital behaviors and social trends, and determine relevancy to our social plan across calendar and content.
• Maintain a consistent, open communication with our creative partners so that content remains relevant, effective
• Act as digital/social media evangelist across the company, leading education initiatives where necessary
• Clear understanding of best practices across key platforms
• Lo-fi content creation a plus
Qualifications & Competencies:
• BS/BA required, Marketing, Communications, PR, Journalism or related field preferred
• 7+ years’ experience in social media with proven expertise at developing and implementing strategic plans
• A strong knowledge of the social media landscape – existing platforms as well as emerging platforms
• Passion for and experience in creating social-first content, with a proven ability to think strategically about creative
• Strong familiarity with online marketing best practices
• Ability to utilize use cases and data analysis to present/pitch concepts
• Comfortable rolling up their sleeves; can effortlessly balance strategic and tactical aspects of the job
• Experience developing junior team members
• A creative and visual thinker with strong analytical skills
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Diverse interests and open mind to new trends, influencers and content