Position: Director of HR
Company: Sports Brand
Location: Remote Hybrid / San Diego
As the Director of Human Resources, you will lead and direct a dynamic team that supports the day to day human resource functions, including, but not limited to, payroll, benefits, recruitment, employee relations, employee retention and compliance. This key position will support our leadership team and all team members companywide, provide strategic input and guidance on HR best practices, compensation and benefits structure, new hire training and employee relations issues. This position will become the hub of HR system management, maintaining and capitalizing on current systems, introduce best practices, and make ongoing recommendations for process improvements and when optimal, upgrades and replacements.
• Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction, establishing human resources objectives in line with the organizational objectives.
• Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, records management, safety and health, succession planning employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance and labor relations.
• Support the organization and its leaders in coaching, and counseling Team Members. Conducting investigations when necessary and making recommendations for action to be taken based on your findings.
• Own the New Hire Training program, including frequent audits and update to ensure a smooth on boarding experience that supports the company’s strategic vision.
• Ensure that the company bi-weekly payroll process is completed accurately and timely.
• Oversee the data integrity and record keeping to expedite retrieval, reporting and analysis of accurate and timely information and to ensure compliance with legal requirement.
• Leverage the utilization of all HR systems. Using your knowledge you’ll effectively and efficiently collect, retrieve, report and analyze employee data as well as provide a foundation to deliver quality, timely, and accurate information and customer service to internal customers.
• Partner with benefits broker to conduct annual review of benefits, explore new benefit options and make recommendations for annual renewals and plan design and ensure that annual enrollment process is completed as required.
• Remain current on Federal, State and Local HR and wage and hour law to ensure the company is in compliance, and protect its interests in the event of legal action.
• Direct the compensation program, including annual wage analysis, periodic individual salary review and incentive program development and consultation.
• Become an ambassador for our fun positive work environment and a leader in the council that fosters teamwork and recognition on an ongoing basis throughout the year.
• Interact with Directors and the leadership team to ensure that an HR perspective is brought to major decision-making activities. Guide other departments by researching and interpreting HR compliance requirements and best practices; applying observations and recommendations to improve employee relations
• Recommend to management and implement as directed, major team member objectives and policies for company.
• Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university plus minimum of eight years related experience in progressive HR leadership roles; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• High volume, multi-channel, multi-state retail environment experience desired
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
• Advanced business acumen and judgment
• Experience working closely with external agencies; keeping them informed of key objectives, priorities, timelines, and budgets as well as provide marketing materials, and asset delivery under deadline
• Ability to manage multiple projects among a wide range of internal stakeholders, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness