Act as a strategic business partner to retailer, driving engagement and collaboration across all functions to deliver growth and the achievement of business objectives.
Reporting to the Client Services Leader, the Director of Key Accounts role includes frequent travel to attend partner meetings/markets in North America. Occasional travel to headquarters located in Germany and North America office based in Atlanta. This position may, at times, include a small team of direct reports.
• Deliver annual sales, growth, and profitability targets for key accounts
• Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic concepts, growth opportunities and promotional strategies that are commercially viable
• Lead cross-functional efforts to ensure quality weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews both internally and externally
• Serve as the “voice of the partner”
Provide sales analysis and recommendations to support the development of the business on an ongoing basis
• Develop and leverage a rich understanding of product trends, historical data and input at category/class level in order to capitalize on seasonal opportunities and take calculated risks
• Strengthen and expand partner relationships to include multiple departments and influencers as needed by the business
• Collaborate closely with Field Leaders to coordinate successful execution of key initiatives
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams Creative, Product, Planning, Allocation, Merchandising, Operations (partner, ISC, SBU)
• Direct involvement in negotiations with the partner in conjunction with key stakeholders
Immediate Critical Outcomes:
• Developing rapport with the partner and the North America office (First 30 days)
• Understanding of merchandise planning and allocation (MP&A), logistics, field operations and brand structure, strategy, and execution (First 60 days)
• Develop detailed understanding of partner objectives and reporting needs and drive a consistent, value-add weekly, monthly, and seasonal reporting cadence with internal and external stakeholders (First 90 days)
• Strong background in retail and partner management.
• Experience working in the food retail channel.
• Proven success in the jewelry, accessories, beauty and/or cosmetics industry.
• Demonstrated ability to influence complex, large-volume, multi-year partner contracts.
• Customer oriented with a global perspective.
• Experience working internationally and influencing others from different cultures.