The Director of Operations position will direct and oversee operational policies, objectives, initiatives, and operating procedures. Key responsibilities include:
- Supply Chain Operations: The role is responsible for supply planning, inventory coverage & accuracy, cycle counts, and supplier performance across a network of contract manufacturers and suppliers. Evaluating and clearly communicating operating procedures, costs, efficiencies, and effectiveness. Design, source and implement improvements to all processes impacting supply and the overall brand value chain that positively, quantifiably impact Profit / Loss bottom line. This includes but is not limited to:
- Packaging / components sourcing and costing - including creative input related to product that may impact overall effectiveness
- Formulation, ingredients, raws and other product related inputs and processes design, costing and implementation
- Logistics / transportation
- ERPs and other warehouse, trading platforms evaluation, the integration between internal and external systems to increase efficiency of supply chain and overall company performance including sales and marketing related integrations (such as Shopify, Salesforce etc.)
- Outline, implement and own standard operating procedures related to creating operational efficiencies across all brands under your purview
- Manage Profit / Loss inputs regarding operations and interact closely with all growth-related activities, aligning processes to sales and marketing objectives
- Operations Management: Drive cross-functional communication, collaboration, and accountability in support of accurate demand plan. Facilitate the SOP process with clients. Daily interface with vendors, supply chain participants and internal teams - informing, guiding and taking responsibility for implementation of new processes, regulatory oversite (including international expansion requirements), delivering results.
- Reporting: Develop progress and performance reporting systems for each project, KPI’s for internal management purposes. Design workflow and standard operating procedures that can be delegated and or automated to inform the most productive and creative outputs.
- Project Growth and Acquisition: Proactively identify areas for improvement in operational implementation. Propose and assist in creating, operations related proposals that will enable new project acquisition and expansion of current roles and responsibilities.
- Cross-Functional Input: As a senior team member and category expert, you will be expected to participate in and contribute to multiple initiatives, spanning sales, marketing and growth. This may include brainstorming on value proposition and growth plans, event participation, etc.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Significant knowledge and expertise in operations, supply chain management, sourcing and implementing consumer goods infrastructure, supporting execution in all areas, including sales.
- Experience in developing, budgeting, and managing integrated sales forecasts across all channels.
- Technical proficiency and willingness to use technology.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with variable operating criteria.
- Ability to assess business goals, market requirements, customers, unique challenges, and opportunities, inputting that knowledge towards the development and implementation of marketing plans.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through qualities, taking ownership and accountability, never giving up or taking the “easy” path.
- Flexibility and adaptability, able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, coping effectively with complexity and change.
- Innovative problem solver, even in complex situations, and be sharp, savvy, and resourceful.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment with an ability to maintain composure under pressure and adapt to changes in schedule and juggle competing priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent speaking, writing, editing, and overall communication skills, and be able to visualize, analyze, and communicate the product in innovative ways.
- Strong relationship management skills and be able to relate and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Self-starter who is able to be effective independently with little direction, but also able to work, collaborate and coordinate with team members, clients, and vendors.
- Positive and hardworking with a “CAN DO” attitude, and enjoy a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and the ability to work the hours necessary to complete projects and/or meet deadlines without sacrificing quality standards.
- Proven ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all aspects of staff and company information.
- High level of ethics, integrity, and reliability, having a strong grasp of both “big picture” and “detail” issues.
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done !
- Must be able to work legally in the United States. Based in Los Angeles.
- Prefer a minimum of 5-years of experience in consumer goods supply chain operations. Preferably cosmetics.
- At minimum, a Bachelor degree is required, preferably in supply chain, business management, or business operations.
- Ideally, you are highly proficient in MS Word and Excel within Google Suite, capable of navigating CRM, NetSuite and ERP systems as well as doing basic financial analysis and forecasting in Excel
- Must be acquainted with key mechanisms and technologies used to integrate consumer goods’ companies supply chains from production, logistics, sales, and marketing aspects and have experience in EDI / order management, international buying and importing, E-commerce fulfillment and management of external 3PL(s) as well as onboarding start-up companies.