Director of Paid Acquisition
Our client is a financial services company harnessing the power of technology to encourage people to better manage their finance. With a comprehensive offering of products and personalized advice, our client is innovating the average consumer’s financial experience. They are looking for a Director of Paid Acquisition to join their team.
Director of Paid Acquisition Overview:
As Director of Paid Acquisition, you will drive sustainable new customer growth across all the company’s products.
The ideal candidate for Director of Paid Acquisition will manage and support the continued growth of the Paid Acquisition team and infrastructure across digital and traditional media channels to ensure the company’s business objectives are met.
Director of Paid Acquisition Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sustainable growth strategies across paid media channels including search, social, display, affiliate, programmatic, ASO across web and app, OTT, OOH, and traditional media.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to a growing team of digital and paid media marketers.
- Collaborate with affiliate agencies to progress new subscriber growth and increase traffic, conversion, and revenue.
- Execute strategy for performance and paid channel to meet business and channel goals.
- Maximize channel budget efficiency to include effective marketing mix modeling, budgeting, and reallocation.
- Support innovative mindset through experimentation and testing new sub-channels, partners, and tools.
- Optimize channel-mix to focus on customer journey/ full-funnel approach.
- Implement holistic customer first acquisition strategies in partnership with relevant internal departments.
- Collaborate with product team to optimize paid marketing loops by connecting performance and paid media within products.
- Work with VP of Marketing and Finance on budget planning and forecasting, and reporting and optimize spend allocation based on marketing mix modeling analysis.
- Ensure team’s access to strong data and best setup and work with data analytics team to improve measurement structures to support data-driven decision making.
- Partner with product engineers and address ad tech and data compliance relevant to paid acquisition domain.
Director of Paid Acquisition Requirements:
- 10-12+ years of experience in performance and marketing.
- 8+ years of experience leading a team and managing multi-million annual budget across multiple geographies.
- Financial services industry experience a plus.
- Experience in hiring, coaching, and retaining top talent.
- Proven track record of increasing user acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Demonstrable experience working with funnel, CLV/ LTV, and ROI metrics.
- Experience growing an online, app-driven consumer focused business.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proven record of growing a program through the application of data insights.
- Experience in tracking technologies application and performance programs.
- Extensive experience managing agencies and martech partners.
- Strong understanding of online/ app metrics, analytics, tracking technology, and tools.
- Excellent understanding of attribution, lift test, and incrementally.
- Technical understanding of web/app tracking systems and test and learn approach.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills to successfully partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in tools such as Periscope/Sisense, Amplitude, App Annie, Jira, Asana and Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager.
- Ability to move between strategy and execution with a bias for action.
- Evolve and optimize team impact.
- Comfortable receiving and given constructive feedback.