• Accountable for, and key driver of product innovation and core franchise renovation from concept through to launch by closely partnering with PD, R&D, founder, clinic, strategic design to delight trade customers, key regions (China, UK) and senior leadership.
• Ensure robust pipeline to deliver growth targets. Accountable for driving product innovation ideation, core franchise evolution, and leading development of 3-year product pipeline in close collaboration with R&D to deliver commercial and financial targets.
• Enable and envision innovative product development and pipeline strategy by leveraging insights and analytics in support of brand’s global strategy, brand priorities and growth priorities.
• Responsible for articulating product positioning, developing concepts, target benefits, global claims strategy and naming convention to deliver on brand strategy.
• Oversee strategic portfolio strategy and pacing in conjunction with senior leadership, delivering mix of new, core renovation, claims and remarkable packaging ideas all anchored in brand strategy.
• Oversee packaging development to deliver against costs & equity.
• Lead global sustainability planning & execution.
• Deliver all launches on time to maximize commercial impact and hit financial targets.
• Lead innovation story for sell-in and present innovation at customer and key regional planning meetings.
• Help lead and drive margins and profitability of product innovation hitting deployed thresholds.
• Continue to monitor trends and developments in industry, with a close eye on sustainability, benchmark competitors and ingredients.
• Develop and foster strong working relationships across the organization to achieve company goals and priorities. Work closely with key internal teams including but not limited to R&D, Clinic, Commercial team, PR, Planning, Operations, Creative, Education, Finance, Legal, Regulatory, UK and China.
• Lead, coach and develop global product team
Skills, Experience and Education Required
• Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field of study. MBA preferred
• Minimum 5+ years (10 preferred) product innovation and marketing experience in skincare. Innovation experience in skincare mandatory. Global marketing experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience overseeing end-to-end product launch process.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience presenting to internal stakeholders and external stakeholder (retailers).
• Strategic thinker who also maintains strong attention to detail and delivers with excellence.
• Strong analytical, strategic, and critical thinking skills. Experience managing P&L.
• Highly collaborative with exceptional cross functional team-building skills with demonstrated success developing, managing, and leading highly effective teams in agile environments.
• Strong relationship builder playing critical role collaborating with founder, Clinic, and R&D leadership to bring to life new product ideas.
• High sense of urgency with ability to execute under accelerated time frames and quickly adapts to change in priorities.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to build successful relationships with internal and external teams
• Self-motivated and flexible; ability to adapt quickly to change.
• Ability to both lead strategically as well as willing to jump into the details to get work done quickly and effectively
• Travel up to 20% as required