The Director of Quality will be responsible for the assessment, management and continuous improvement of quality at Contract Manufacturers and suppliers. The DQ will bring both leadership and functional depth as they drive improvement of HCD’s inspection program and other quality management systems.
The DQ will utilize their extensive knowledge of Quality Management Systems / Auditing processes to enhance/improve the products and services through the implementation of problem-solving tools, prevention methods, quality-at-the-source and continual improvement techniques.
• Manage and setup as required Quality teams in California, Asia and worldwide. Experience in this area a must have.
• Review the Quality Programs at Contract Manufacturers to ensure finished product consistently meets or exceeds the quality standards necessary for complete customer satisfaction.
• Provide technical quality problem solving and support and lead the resolution of quality-related issues for existing product operations and new product introduction.
• Collaborate with Contract Mfg. and stakeholders to continuously improve our capability to meet product specifications, process control yields and reduce waste
• Review the Corrective and Preventive Action Program (CAPA), including supplier CAPA issues.
• Manage timely evaluation, investigation and resolution of issues / complaints related to product quality?by leading quality defect analysis and elimination efforts.
• Quantify and track cost of quality and lead associated recovery efforts
• Communicates customer, regulatory and organizational requirements to assure product quality, contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
• Oversees the effective documentation and implementation of the quality management system to assure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements and the standards set by corporate/division policies.
• Implement a cloud-based Quality System
• Lead role in compliance committee.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, quality, or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and work experience. ME a plus.
• Demonstrated experience establishing and managing quality systems with a thorough knowledge of concepts, tools and methodologies of quality management (Lean Six Sigma, ISO 9001)
• 7+ years’ experience in engineering or quality within manufacturing, preferred
• Experience with vendor quality management
• Analytical skills; statistical analysis expertise; supervisory experience
• Excellent verbal & written communications skills
• Strong proficiency in Word, Power Point, Excel,
• Statistical background in study or working knowledge of quality management tools such as SPC, design of experiment (DOE), and experience preferred
• Experience working with a cross-functional team
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills?
• Ability to work with all levels within the organization
• Ability to juggle and manage timelines and deadlines
• Ability to stay cool and calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment