Our client is a leading global wholesaler/distributor of professional beauty supplies. They are looking for an ambitious sales leader to join them in providing packaging, componentry and hygiene supplies to the leading beauty brands and retailers in North America.
The Director of Sales & Business Development is responsible for identifying and implementing opportunities to build the business and meet the overall sales goals of the division. They will also help nurture and develop relationships with existing key accounts. This position reports directly to the President.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for driving sales growth by developing and executing sales plans and managing external sales channels to meet or exceed revenue goals according to the strategic business plan.
• Manage sales team and sales channels to prioritize opportunities and increase future revenue. Set strategic objectives and goals; monitor and report success.
• Work closely with Marketing and Product Development Departments to develop and implement an aligned sales, marketing and product management strategic plan.
• Track and analyze data to evaluate business performance and identify areas to grow revenue and profit.
• Establish effective sales reporting that tracks progress toward goals and highlights key variance drivers to plan.
• Build and manage a high output sales and customer service organization including establishing compensation, training, and sales incentive programs.
• Identify and develop key talent and appropriately manage to ensure success of all individuals in the department.
• Create and manage relationships within the cosmetics industry by networking with key opinion leaders and different buying organizations.
• Meet regularly with existing and new clients developing relationships with the goal of increasing business.
• Manage complex negotiations and contracts with large corporate partners and close large deals.
• Coordinate cross-departmental activities to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
• Act as the “voice of the customer” providing customer feedback and market insights to internal departments for change in products or improvement in product or service.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Business, Marketing, or MBA
• 7-10 years of sales management experience, preferably in the cosmetics/packaging industry
• Proven track record of successful beauty B2B sales experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Track record of building, scaling, training, and coaching high functioning Sales team
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Acute attention to detail, follow-through and a history of reliable execution
• Team player who can work with internal stakeholders on common goals
• Strategic thinker with strong leadership qualities
• Demonstrated strong computer skills
Perks & Benefits:
• Executive Incentive Plan
• Flexible/Hybrid Scheduling
• 401k Matching Plan
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, & Flexible Spending Accounts
• Company paid for Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Identify Theft Protection
• Pet Insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off Program
• Professional Fees and Tuition Reimbursement
• Casual work environment & Employee discounts