The Social department is responsible for ideating, creating and disseminating a wide range of best-in-class content across platforms, with an increasing focus on video-first assets and activations. We are looking to add a highly engaging and strategic Director of Social Media to join our expanding team and support our VP, Content and Editorial Strategy, in driving audience growth and engagement across existing and emerging platforms globally.
You will report to the VP, Content and Editorial Strategy, and work closely with the Company Founder/CEO, and CMO, among other senior marketing team members. This position requires a proactive creative leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and passion for brand strategy, storytelling and innovation. Superior communication skills and confidence in managing varying levels of stakeholders are essential. Strong vision, thought leadership and emotional intelligence are a must.
This is a unique career opportunity in a fast-paced and growth stage, luxury beauty brand, centered on innovation and creative excellence.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Mentor, inspire and manage a talented social team to come up with ideas that elevate the brand and deliver results
- Concept the overall social strategy and lead the development of platform-specific action plans, including playbooks, best practices, and go-to-market launch campaigns for existing and emerging channels
- Drive planning and execution of the social media strategy from end to end, including identifying goals and success metrics, planning, budgeting, collaborating on creative development, and monitoring community management
- Oversee the content calendar to align with DTC and global retail calendars, product and brand launches, events and activations, and other brand initiatives that require social media integration and influencer support
- Drive ideation and innovation on social through content storytelling, emerging platforms/products, and real-time execution
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of the content across channels and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Establish and pursue ambitious growth goals across platforms without compromising brand or creative integrity
- Develop influencer strategies that maximize effectiveness against objectives across earned and paid partnership effort
- Create community building and user-generated programs as well as ideate and execute on experiential events that drive brand awareness and engagement
- Provide thought leadership and perspective on emerging technologies for adoption where appropriate to keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital.
- Ensure content strategies are globally scalable and oversee localization strategies for regional platforms, including Line, WeChat and Weibo
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN:
- Experience growing a global luxury brand, and shaping its creative strategy and direction
- A holistic and cross-functional understanding of the luxury beauty industry
- Global perspective
- Exposure and experience working directly with C-Suites and company founder
- Unique creative career opportunity within an innovation-driven environment
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF:
- You are CREATIVE: You are innovative and forward-thinking in your approach and mindset.
- You are highly STRATEGIC: You are able to develop creative concepts and vision that support brand and business goals.
- You are extremely ORGANIZED: You are not overwhelmed by the thought of tackling multiple tasks at a time.
- You are DETAIL ORIENTED: You appreciate the importance of having detailed and precise information.
- You are a strong COMMUNICATOR: You are a people person, natural leader and collaborate well with others.
- You are AGILE: You adapt well to changing needs and priorities and are able to pivot easily to achieve goals and deadlines.
- You are PASSIONATE about beauty: You are eager to learn and absorb all things related to beauty, brand and creative strategy.
- 8+ years of professional experience in social media marketing and execution at a luxury brand
- Minimum of 5 years management experience
- Proficient in the digital world and emerging platforms with deep knowledge in running best-in-class social media campaigns
- Exceptional ability to evaluate social analytics and apply a data-centric approach to testing and optimizing content
- Proven track record of collaborating directly with talent and talent representation, including contract negotiations
- Ability to plan and manage program budgets and expenses
- Solid understanding of the creative process and an ability to effectively partner with creatives
- A strong presenter and effective communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, strong instincts for prioritization, and the ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment