24 Seven has partnered with one of Portland's most admired creative agencies to find a new Director of Strategy to head up their strategy team
The Strategy Director is a master of the strategic craft, bringing leadership, client-relationship skills, and an innate ability to drive business goals. The director brings talent, technique, tried experience, and an unflinching pursuit of excellence and project and team leadership prowess. This role requires a track record of exceptional work, a desire to hone new skills, and an interest in experimenting with new tools and techniques.
In collaboration with client services, clients, and other partners, the Strategy Director will shape and create digital campaigns and products alongside designers, writers, and developers. More than setting a path, you should inspire teammates to create intelligent and innovative work that only surpasses expectations.
As a person, you are an experienced leader of projects and teams. You are obsessed with every detail of the craft, with a proven ability to create strategic frameworks that ground creative approaches in actionable insights. You are comfortable working across a range of digital projects — willing to start anywhere in the process and do what it takes to uncover insights that unlock our partner’s challenges. Your influence manifests through experience and empathy, inspiring your team to bring their best each day and driving quality output through active mentorship.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, lead, drive, and develop a growing team of strategists.
- Provide clear direction and guide the team’s output from concept to completion.
- Synthesize brand, culture, and industry trends to uncover new opportunities for partners.
- Sell-in strategic plans that guide internal creative teams to delight partners.
- Collaborate with data, creative, tech, and partner service teams to bring forth innovative brand and channel strategies and experiences.
- Translate insights into briefs and presentations that inspire internal teams and partners alike.
- Identify growth opportunities for the agency, shaping the team accordingly.
- Collaborate with the Director of Strategy & Performance to create new frameworks and processes that dimensionalize creative concepts, digital products, and campaign plans.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field (or comparable experience).
- 9+ years of digital strategy experience supporting enterprise B2C and B2B partners, preferably within an agency setting.
- 3+ years of management experience, having demonstrably coached, led, and grown a team.
- Extensive experience in strategic planning and insight-driven digital campaigns, products, and tactics.
- Experience in omnichannel digital marketing and UX.
- Experience developing team infrastructure to anticipate and accommodate agency growth.
- Ability to groom data, insights, and strategies into tight, sellable narratives.
- Effective, clear, and compelling presentation skills.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Expert in digital best practices: web (UX, information architecture, navigation design), email marketing (triggers, campaigns, and modular design), social media (content strategy and analytics), and paid media (channel best practices).
- Vast knowledge of problem-solving approaches, communication frameworks, and processes that unearth relevant insights to meet partners’ business objectives.
- Deep experience creating actionable strategic artifacts that guide creative concepts and brand plans that are highly conceptual, highly tactical, or a combination of both.
- Proven ability to prescribe media mixes that achieve partner goals.
- Skilled in intrapersonal communication, both written and verbal, with the ability to collaborate across teams and personality types.
- Working knowledge of marketing software’s purpose and functionality, including ESPs, CRMs, and marketing automation tools.