Our client is a well-known global beauty brand that is seeking a new Director of Project Management to join their team in New York!
Project Manager Director Job Summary:
The Director of the Project Management Team at the brand will be responsible for leading global marketing operations and the on-time execution of global launches. Responsibilities will span the breadth of the full marketing timeline, starting with global copy development and visual merchandising all the way through digital marketing and local activations. Most importantly, the Director will have a holistic and impartial understanding of the brand’s priorities at a given point in time and ensure marketing operations reflect and act on those priorities.
Project Manager Director Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and lead a strong project management team, responsible for the oversight of marketing milestones, progress, and risks for new launches.
• Drive process development and continuous improvement, in order to create a deep and ingrained understanding of the interdependent launch process for all teams and identify/capitalize on efficiencies wherever possible.
• Proactively identify risks to the launch execution and work with project teams to develop mitigating action plans.
• Establish a standardized reporting format to assess health/on-time rate of projects.
• Act as the hub and contact for the brand marketing Project Management team for cross-brand partners, including the product development project management and S&OP teams.
• Act as critical partner and advisor to the brand’s senior leadership in assessing the impact of strategic decisions on marketing execution.
• Use extensive project management knowledge and best practices to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing marketing operations processes.
• 8+ years of Project Management experience, preferably within a digitally native company
• 3-5 years of experience managing a team
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to level-up/down and adapt communications styles based on level and team
• Possesses a talent for detail orientation when the situation calls for it and being able to translate the details to big picture thinking and strategy
• Proven track record of influencing others, specifically those outside of immediate team(s)
• Knowledge of project management tools (Asana), processes, and terminology
• Process-driven with the ability to judge when to be flexible based on project needs
• Needs to be highly collaborative and enjoy working in a team setting
• Passionate about discovering efficiencies and driving change to implement them
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other relevant field
• Understanding of the creative or visual merchandising process and vocabulary a plus
• Experience in managing a digital asset management system a plus