Los Angeles based company is looking for a Domestic Product Developer with 3-4 years of experience. Candidate MUST have domestic factory experience and must have had some facetime with those factories. Candidate must have PLM experience.
• Review all development tech packs from design to ensure a complete pass-off for style building.
• Work with the PD System/Costing Manager to build tech packs for seasonal sampling.
• Responsible for initial sample allocation to domestic factory base.
• Issue all sample requests as well as materials from sample warehouse to pass to the factory.
• In person meetings with the domestic factories are a necessity when passing sample requests.
• Daily follow up with factories on ETAs and track local development samples in a seasonal development tracker.
• Request all costing from the factory regarding new and existing styles and handoff to Costing Manager for costing deadlines.
• Finalize all thread colors in sampling with stitch ups to pass to production at hand off.
• Work closely with the factories to calculate average yields for each new style/material. This includes requesting patterning reports and adding the yield to the BOM. Suggest alternative cutting or placement techniques to improve material yields and consumption.
• Work with PD System/Costing Manager to audits all BOMs and cost sheets to ensure accuracy before BOM handoff meeting.
• Organize all sample request invoices for Senior Manager to validate and approve.
• Assist in reviewing development samples, notating any necessary changes in costing and specifications.