In the pursuit of this overarching responsibility, this role involves effectively collaborating with your peers in the marketing organization and the marketing team, and/or cross-functional departments, while staying up-to-date with the latest email & digital marketing trends and best practices.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Plan & Implement Programs & Campaigns Planning and executing new online content-marketing campaigns is a key part of your day-to-day role. Develop short and long term content distribution strategies for full funnel content marketing, from engagement to purchase. This includes adapting existing campaigns as well, refining and revising them to stay as relevant and impactful as possible.
• Provide Email Marketing Guidance You’ll need to be the resident expert and “own” the day-to-day responsibilities of the email marketing channel, providing marketing advice and guidance on how to implement and adapt marketing campaigns for the email channel and optimize campaigns for maximum effect.
• Develop Channel Strategies & KPIs - You’ll utilize your experience to develop channel-specific marketing strategies and forecast program outcomes for all planned/authorized activities, all within the budgets assigned and approved for these channel-specific initiatives. These strategies and KPIs are worked out in advance with the Director of Digital Marketing, aligned with the appropriate annualized marketing plans.
• Program Optimization - As programs/campaigns are in-market, you’ll be expected to adjust them so as to optimize their effectiveness within the channel.
• Report on Results - Once campaigns have run, you’ll gather data on the results and create reports to show what worked and what could be improved upon for the approved programs/campaigns within your channel. This includes generating and recommending new ideas to further optimize similar programs in the future.
• Budget & Resource Management - You’ll be responsible for managing the outside agencies/resources working on email marketing, as well as liaising with the email marketing lead/associated agencies. Requires effective budget & SOW management and partnering with the Procurement team to ensure all budgeted activities have approved statements of work and purchase orders issued before the commencement of the work required.
• Strategic - Create and execute marketing strategies that optimize digital journeys and sales via email, through the management assigned email vendor.
• Creative – Develop content marketing campaigns (executed primarily through email) to support acquisition and retention goals.
• Technical / Operational - Maximize the technical and creative opportunities available on the email platform (ideal candidate has knowledge of iPost, Hubspot and Salesforce Marketing Cloud), as well as Google Analytics, to optimize assigned KPIs e.g. Open rate, Click-Through-Rate (CTR), etc.
Knowledge and Skills
• Communication skills – this role requires communicating effectively, so strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills are a must for success.
• Communication strategy & Copywriting skills – this role requires having an active hand in the communication strategy and copywriting for email campaigns and digital content that is aligned to the target audience, brand message & voice and specific campaign objective.
• Analytical abilities – you need to “have game” when it comes to analyzing data, observing trends, and evaluating and reporting-out the success of channel and/or digital campaign engagement; as such, you’ll need to have hands-on working proficiency in various analytics programs (e.g., Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.).
• Teamwork – in this job you’ll collaborate often with direct teammates, marketing colleagues as well as other departments and external agencies/resources; for this reason, it’s important that you have strong coordination skills, fully embrace what it takes to be a “team player”, and always approach others in a collaborative and courteous manner.
• Technical skills – much of this role requires the ability to use different computer programs and software, so you’ll need to have excellent computer skills and no fear in learning/using new marketing programs/platforms that make you more efficient/effective in the role.
• Organization skills – you’ll be tasked to work with different colleagues and teams on multiple projects concurrently, so the ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized is essential.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in a related area preferred but not required
• 5 years minimum experience of hands-on email marketing.
• Past experience working with both start-ups and large organizations is a plus.