Email Marketing Specialist
Are you an experienced creative communicator who wants to work in one of the top emerging luxury markets, all while making the world a better place? Lab-grown diamonds are becoming the top choice for conscious consumers who want to mark their special occasions with a symbol of hope and love, rather than one representing oppression and environmental destruction. This position plays an integral role in educating consumers about the benefits of lab-grown diamonds and inspiring them to create beautiful jewelry that gives back.
You will be responsible for all email functions end-to-end, including campaigns and flows. You will create, implement, measure and optimize email marketing programs that successfully promote the brand, products, and service, driving both customer value and company revenue. You must be skilled at analyzing current email flows and recommending/implementing new ones. Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, SMS marketing, and SEO best practices is highly preferred. You will positively contribute to the company's growth and culture through leadership, teamwork, and respect.
Following the initial 90-day training/probationary period,company offers health and dental benefits, paid time off and sick pay, (7) paid holidays annually, and generous employee discounts on diamonds and fine jewelry.
- This is not a remote position. While we may be able to accommodate a partially hybrid schedule following the 90-day training/probationary period, please do not apply for this position unless you currently live in the Portland area and are comfortable commuting to and working in our office daily.
- This is not an entry-level position. Please do not apply for this position unless you can additionally provide references to confirm that you have at least 3 years’ dedicated email creation, segmentation and management experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop weekly/quarterly/annual email calendar and eventually, the Greener Diamond email calendar.
- Design, build and deploy email marketing campaigns (transactional, drip, lifecycle) that increase company revenue, customer lifetime value, and average order value (AOV).
- Craft new content, creative, and email personalization that delights customers, seeing it through from conception to execution.
- Quantify email success – track and analyze campaign performance using Google Analytics, Klaviyo and other measurement tools. Conduct A/B tests, continually optimize to drive sales, retention and loyalty.
- Manage channel budget and ROI.
- Implement multi-channel tactics to grow a high-quality email database.
- Manage customer lists and segments based on the customer lifecycle.
- Ensure best practices are being followed as well as incorporating new trends that have the potential to increase engagement.
- Conduct competitive analysis, staying current with marketing tactics from other industry players.
- Software audits as directed.
- Special Projects.
The Email Marketing Specialist will report to the Digital Marketing Manager.
Teamwork, Cooperation & Professional Conduct
- It is expected that you will, at all times, maintain a positive and collaborative attitude towards your work and fellow colleagues.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized workspace at all times.
- Help with general office duties (i.e. cleaning dishes, replenishing paper in the printer, returning items to the place you found them, etc.)
- Comply with all company General Rules of Conduct as detailed within the Employee Handbook.
- Integrity: be absolutely honest and objective in all employment activities.
- Hold and safeguard the Confidential Information.
- Be actively involved in company events when necessary.