24 Seven is looking for Employee Relations Manager to join our clients HR team as the prepare to bring workers back onsite.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Employee Relations (ER) Manager provides proactive consultation to address a variety of workplace concerns and conducts sophisticated workplace investigations. The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership behaviors, including instilling trust and self-awareness. Additionally, the candidate must be a subject matter expert in workplace investigations and have strong influencing skills with employees at all levels of the organization. The individual(s) selected for the Employee Relations Manager position must communicate effectively, remain calm under pressure, have demonstrable experience in Human Resources (HR) (i.e. HR compliance, performance management), be collaborative and open to and giving feedback.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As a member of the ER Center of Excellence (COE), the ER Manager serves as a subject matter authority and partners with employees and business leaders to provide resources and mentorship when sophisticated workplace issues arise. The ER Manager demonstrates leadership and initiative by mentoring others and using sound analysis to suggest proactive solutions to address business needs. ER Managers approach their work proactively and in a consultative manner by educating employees and managers at each touch point; which enables them to make decisions that provide a fair and consistent employment experience throughout the organization, thereby stewarding the employment and cultural brand. The ER Manager will conduct workplace investigations, provide advice and counsel to business and HR leaders, conduct training on Employee Relations policies/processes, work on projects, calibrate cases with ER Team Members and use data to identify trends. Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Employee Relations Managers work with members of the ER team on a day to day basis and employees at all levels of the organization to include HR partners, business leaders and Compliance or COE partners (such as Legal, Security, Talent Acquisition, and Diversity & Inclusion). Employee Relations Managers report to an Employee Relations Director and partners closely with the Senior Employee Relations Manager.
WHAT YOU BRING REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in HR or a related field, or six (6) years' experience in lieu of a degree
- Five (5) years’ HR Generalist level experience, or related field, in interpreting and applying policy and procedure
- Three (3) years’ experience workplace investigation experience
- Three (3) years’ experience working in a retail environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, experience writing investigation reports
- Communicate effectively and remain calm under pressure and in difficult situations
- Demonstrated success in influencing employees at all levels of the organization using a consultative methodology
- Outstanding organizational skills: including the ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to establish trust and credibility
- Maintain confidentiality with critical information
- Facilitation skills (in person/virtually)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Certification in Human Resources
- Partner and work with remote locations including different time zone
- Previous experience in HR including performance management, org health, compliance, leave of absence, and accommodations
- Experience using case management system
- Multi-lingual experience