Our client, who is a leading Health & Wellness brand is looking to bring on an Events Assistant to their team. This would be a 3-month contract to hire opportunity.
What you’ll be doing:
• Serve as the main event contact for National Vice Presidents responsibilities includes, but not limited to drafting detailed and clear communications, managing event hotel reservations, travel arrangements, and event reimbursements.
• Hotel & Travel Coordination
o Organize event hotel bookings for executives, staff, vendors, and speakers.
o Assist with creating travel profiles, flight parameters and travel forms. Collaborate with global travel agency partners to ensure flights are properly booked and flight manifests/reports are up to date and accurate.
o Arrange ground transfers as needed (obtain transportation manifests from travel agencies and customize them for the onsite event ground transportation company).
• Process and follow up on vendor invoices and payment status. Reconcile American Express monthly statements and maintain events payment calendar.
• Administrative support in preparation for events (eg. manage supplies, logistics, shipping, etc.). Assist with preparing and distributing event packets and collateral for Executives, working staff, contracted vendors, and speakers.
• Primary communication contact for event inquiries received through the Customer Care team. Manage event email inbox referencing FAQ documents to answer attendee questions.
• Research and source registration collateral, staff uniforms, attendee gifts and promotional items.
• Update global event calendar and assist with event registration platform build as needed (eg. submit service requests, gather content and assets, etc.).
• Perform other event support duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
• 3+ years administrative experience with knowledge of travel and corporate events preferred.
• Excellent computer skills – MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel and work weekends, as needed.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with internal and external clients including executives, departments, and vendors
• Meticulous attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to make good, timely decisions.
• Highly self-motivated with experience working in a fast paced, team oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
• Ability to remain calm and professional under rapidly changing circumstances.
• Knowledge of event/program applications a plus (CVENT, Aventri, Smartsheet, Wrike, etc.).