24 Seven is partnering with the world's most recognizable sportswear brand to find an Experience Strategist to join their team.
The Experience Strategist explores new frontiers in product and service innovation through the translation of research insights into actionable priorities that align with our client’s Innovation agenda. This role contributes strategic thinking to consumer research, advocates for human-centered processes, and synthesizes and translates insights into clear opportunities for early stage exploration. The Experience Strategist collaborates with a multi-disciplinary group of designers, developers, and business partners, to identify and direct a new breed of innovation concepts.
This role is responsible for owning the strategy that shapes the ideation, prototyping and testing of experience concepts in an ambiguous and constantly evolving environment, with the goal of clarifying the direction of concepts and seeding the learnings into downstream activities.
We’re looking for a candidate that has the skills, vision and mindset to empathize deeply with our audiences, anticipate their future needs and motivations, and advocate for all athletes* while creating strategies for aligning with business priorities. This role requires the ability to balance hands-on execution of deliverables with strategic and critical thinking to drive projects and collaborate with stakeholders.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a well-rounded skillset for insights-driven design, prototyping and strategy, with deep expertise in translating insights into actionable strategies.
Your key responsibilities are to:
- Provide strategic oversight of our portfolio of innovation concept exploration.
- Guide the prioritization and creation of project roadmaps based on a deep understanding of the consumer and the innovation landscape.
- Uncover new business opportunities through user research and insights-gathering.
- Synthesize consumer insights and translate them into actionable strategies.
- Demonstrate new ideas through various deliverables, including strategic guides, conceptual models, personas, user journeys, and physical & digital design prototypes.
- Educate and inspire team members by leading with the voice of the athlete.*
- Lead meetings with key stakeholders; ensure that they meet the stated objectives and stay on agenda.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams, and work to streamline workflows and processes for team success.
- Facilitate meetings, conduct collaborative workshops, craft and make persuasive presentations.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As the Experience Strategist you’ll be operating in the Advanced Innovation Collective at our client where you’ll partner primarily with Footwear Innovation, Apparel Innovation and Space teams, as well as the Sports Research Lab, Global Technology, and other downstream business teams. You’ll be working within and across the enterprise, seeking opportunities to transition our Innovation concepts and create new connections.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in design or a research-related field
- Several examples of projects that demonstrate successful translation of insights into strategy
- At least 5+ years experience in experience strategy, research, design or R&D
- A solid understanding and demonstration of human-centered design principles
- Demonstrated ability to design and direct research activities, as well as to synthesize data into actionable recommendations
- Hands-on experience directing and executing digital design deliverables
- Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as communicate and influence across organizations
- Critical thinking skills to assess business opportunities and craft compelling experience strategies
- An innovator mindset with the ability to balance out-of-the-box thinking with analytical decision-making
- Must be organized and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations
- Can work with grace under pressure and operate effectively and proactively in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with modern design, prototyping and presentation tools
- Prefer deep expertise in one of the following areas: qualitative user research, creative & innovative problem-solving, inclusive design, or entrepreneurship.