FREELANCE ASSISTANT DESIGNER, SOFT HOME
Our client is an American chain of domestic merchandise retail stores. The chain operates many stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico and was founded in 1971. It is counted among the Fortune 500 and the Forbes Global 2000
Assistant Designer Overview:
The Assistant Designer of Soft Home will assist in all aspects of concept, development and finalization of private brand design development.
Assistant Designer Responsibilities:
• To assist in all aspects of concept, development and finalization within the design process
• Assist designer in pattern design for woven and print fabrics; repeats, recolors and conceptual designs
• To have an eye for color and experience with communicating color comments and approvals
• Technical ability to create tech packs for seasonal designs in keeping with calendar deadlines
• To keep highly organized records of design communication and approval standards
• Excellent illustrator skills for flats and tech packs
• Day to day communication with overseas offices and internal team
• Multitasking on various seasons
• Day to day up keep of filing and organization of specs and development packages
• Researching design concepts from magazines / vintage / and from stores
• Researching design inspiration, trends and styling details for product development
• Staying ahead of trends
• Develop mood boards for seasonal design presentation
• Collaborate with merchandiser and production specialist to meet their needs (price points, sku counts)
• Staying on calendar by setting specific schedules of each development stage set by production.
• Creating conspicuous and detailed technical packages for all classifications. • Create bed maps / boards / cads
Assistant Designer Qualifications:
1-2 years’ experience in a home or fashion design support position
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work cross functionally between merchandising, packaging and design
• Excellent follow up and communication skills.
• Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.