Freelance Associate Designer
Our client is an iconic fashion brand creating the latest apparel and accessories. With their innovative, on-trend, and creative designs they are industry leaders in the fashion space.
Associate Designer Overview:
Work within a specific classification and implement the category leader’s direction in all aspects of the design process, from initial concept stage to presentation, to development and execution of the final product.
Associate Designer Responsibilities:
• Work closely with category leader to design category-specific product based on design direction given
• Learn and understand raw materials and trims related to a specific classification
• Perform daily follow-up using email and PLM
• Work with CAD team on prints and patterns for sweaters & fleece
• Interact with buyers and vendors to develop working partnership
• Prepare presentation boards for monthly meetings
• Observe presentation techniques and be prepared to make preliminary presentations
• Maintain daily running or classification while designer travels including fit sessions
• Perform preliminary design research domestically
• Comment on lab dips, wash submits and finishes with supervisor approval
• Perform other duties as required
• Able to work in a hybrid environment, meaning that some work may be performed remotely but certain essential functions must be performed in-person/in-office based on the needs of the business.
• In person/in-office collaboration is required, the frequency of such in-person/in-office collaboration (e.g., portion of week, entire week) is dictated by business needs. Such collaboration includes work centralized around product development, milestone meetings, approvals, etc.
Associate Designer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Art (or equivalent experience and education)
• At least 2-4 years of related experience; Sweaters & Fleece experience is a must
• Previous experience working for AE or Aerie is a plus; PLM experience required
• Ability to act as liaison between many departments: excellent communication and analytic skills.
• Must be detail oriented, computer literate and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
• Must be knowledgeable of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Excel, and PLM (or equivalent program)
• Comfortable working in an hybrid environment - working in office several days a week (based on the needs of the business or big milestone week) with occasional remote work from home